Poll: Fav. C&C game? (choices include expansions)
Poll Options
View poll results: Fav. C&C game? (choices include expansions)
Command & Conquer
11 11%
Red Alert
26 25%
Tiberian Sun
16 16%
Renegade
0 0%
Red Alert 2
42 41%
Generals
7 7%
Voters: 102.
Page 1 of 3
So I just downloaded the C&C3 demo and it's is great! EA has finally made up for what they did with Generals and it almost feels like an old Westwood game. To those of you who are fans of the C&C series, what's your favorite game? At the moment my favorite is Red Alert 2 but that may soon change when Tiberium Wars is released in a month.
I used to play Tiberian Sun all the time back in the day, then one day I just stopped playing computer games
Did you DL on comp or xbox 360?

2, firewall and Red Alert 1 are my fav.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Gah the C&C3 demo has been occupying me the entire day, and my favourite is Tiberian Sun
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
#1 Choice would be good ol' Red Alert.

Even if the USSR totally pwnd Europe.
(Plus, Hellmarch STILL kicks all kind of ass)
Quote by Kensai
When I wear it I have to fight off women with a stick. Ifyouknowwhatimean.

Quote by daytripper75
Today, 2:51pm EST: Prodigy179 has officially hit puberty.

They're eating her! And then they're going to eat me!
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
Well, I can officiallu say that a lost piece of my childhood has been reclaimed.

I have FINALLY bought The Decade Pack.

I've played two mission on C&C, and two on RA: 2.

I had no idea how agonizin C&C was.

Not the series, just the first game in the series. It's not THAT bad, but it's SOOOOO slow, and way harder than the new ones. I'm so excited I have this now. I get to play all sorts of C&C games I've never got to play. Like Tiberian Sun.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20

I had no idea how agonizin C&C was.

Not the series, just the first game in the series. It's not THAT bad, but it's SOOOOO slow, and way harder than the new ones. I'm so excited I have this now. I get to play all sorts of C&C games I've never got to play. Like Tiberian Sun.

Dude, I know exactly how you feel. The first one was just mind numbing. Not to mention I hate not having a skirmish mode. Well, I think I'm off to play some C&C3.
Isn't there a Command and Conquer - Counter-Strike? I could be mistaken...

Anyways, my friend loves the C&C games. They're not my kind of games however. He says he loves the new one.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
I don't play computer games, but when I was younger, Red Alert was the shiznit.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by happytimeharry
Dude, I know exactly how you feel. The first one was just mind numbing. Not to mention I hate not having a skirmish mode. Well, I think I'm off to play some C&C3.

Exactly. The beginning also kinda threw me off guard. There is no Westwood icon, or a clear cut "intro", they just show a video, you get an objective, and throw you in the game.

It was cool, but it just felt so...weird.

And, yea, the lack of skirmish must have been bad even way back when it was first released.

I'm not saying it's a horrible game, it's obviously good enough that it got an expansion and turned into the franchise, but it's certainly not perfect.

By any means.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
Isn't there a Command and Conquer - Counter-Strike? I could be mistaken...

Anyways, my friend loves the C&C games. They're not my kind of games however. He says he loves the new one.

Yea. It was C&C Red Alert: Counterstrike.

An expansion. Pretty good expansion, I might add.

Saxo-Walrus

Last edited by fallenangel20 at May 6, 2007,
Tiberian Sun was the one I played the longest. I hated every console version though, was pretty stupid to have RTS on console gaming. I might check out C&C 3 after I finish torrenting Civilization 3, I just miss playing that game so much after reading this thread.

RTS FTW
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Tiberian Sun wasn't very good. RA2 was awesome.

Does anyone know if it will run on Win XP? I have an install disk somewhere.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Tiberian Sun wasn't very good. RA2 was awesome.

Does anyone know if it will run on Win XP? I have an install disk somewhere.

Yeah, it should. If it doesn't you can always get the all-in-one C&C disk.
Quote by i have to pee
Tiberian Sun was the one I played the longest. I hated every console version though, was pretty stupid to have RTS on console gaming. I might check out C&C 3 after I finish torrenting Civilization 3, I just miss playing that game so much after reading this thread.

RTS FTW

Exactly. I LOOOVE me some RTSs. C&C started me out, because my stepdad had all of them except Tiberian Sun and Firestorm before Generals came out, then he left my mom before he bought Generals.

Until today, I hadn't layed C&C since halfway through 7th grade, which was 3 1/2 years ago.

I need to buy some Age of Empires and some Civs again. I had Civ 4, but it was messing with my computer, and had to take it back.

Saxo-Walrus

I played the originals, then I moved to tiberian sun when it came out and I loved it!!! Red alert 2 was Good, Renegade was ok, Generals was ok.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
"So, I've got this ball right here, E, and then I've got this ball here and that's A, and they're just both sucking my balls."
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by fallenangel20

I need to buy some Age of Empires and some Civs again. I had Civ 4, but it was messing with my computer, and had to take it back.

I also recommend Rise of Nations.
Quote by happytimeharry
I also recommend Rise of Nations.

I have that game and it's damn awesome.

There's nothing more satisfying than fighting with muskets whilst your opponent still has bows and arrows.

Quote by Smokey Amp
I have that game and it's damn awesome.

There's nothing more satisfying than fighting with muskets whilst your opponent still has bows and arrows.

More like nuking them while they still use clubs...
Quote by happytimeharry
More like nuking them while they still use clubs...

Well, if you can get that far out in front, then more power to you. I find a two age gap is the best I can do, unless the player is especially newbish.

My dad and I used to play the original C&C and later on Red Alert using a direct link cable. We always had to turn off super weapons though because I'd abuse them =P. Red Alert 2 was my favorite aside from those memories.
We should get some online play going. Once I get used to the ol' game again.

And I'll have to check out Rise of Nations. I've heard loads about it.

And, for those with the Decade Pack, what games are the weapons on the poster included from?

I'm really interested in that satellite laser.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20

And, for those with the Decade Pack, what games are the weapons on the poster included from?

I'm really interested in that satellite laser.

The satellite is known as the Ion Cannon (or Particle Beam in Generals). The Ion Cannon is GDI's superweapon. In Generals it's the United States'. It can be found in any of the games other than the ones in the Red Alert series. If you ever happen to get C&C 3 it absolutely owns! It isn't all that powerful in previous games but it got a major overhaul for Tiberium Wars.

Here's a clip of it firing...

Ion Cannon in C&C 3
Last edited by happytimeharry at May 6, 2007,
C&C 3 for teh 360 on the 10th!!!

My shitty comp cant run that game, so i'll have to get it for my xbox.

Quote by happytimeharry
The satellite is know as the Ion Cannon (or Particle Beam in Generals). The Ion Cannon is GDI's superweapon. In Generals it's the United States'. It can be found in any of the games other than the ones in the Red Alert series. If you ever happen to get C&C 3 it absolutely owns! It isn't all that powerful in previous games but it got a major overhaul for Tiberium Wars.

Here's a clip of it firing...

Ion Cannon in C&C 3

THAT WAS INSANE!!!

I've GOT to get my computer back working (we're working on my grandma's). I've GOT to play it now.

And, what's the tank, on the other side of the poster? It it from Tiberian Sun or something?

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20

And, what's the tank, on the other side of the poster? It it from Tiberian Sun or something?

I'm still trying to figure that out. It's either GDI's smaller tank or an American tank from Generals.
Oh, okay. Cool. I'm sure I'll find it soon enough.

I hate that I have to get off the computer now. I want to RA2 instead!!

Saxo-Walrus

Hey Nelsean, you know if the PC version and 360 version will be able to play against each other? I'd really like to kick your ass in some good old 1 on 1.
I loved Tiberian Sun, I haven't played it in years, but because you mentioned it I really want to go find it haha.
Quote by happytimeharry
Hey Nelsean, you know if the PC version and 360 version will be able to play against each other? I'd really like to kick your ass in some good old 1 on 1.

Lolz.

I havent heard if they're gonna do that. It'd be sweet though.

Damn it Chubby just start playing RA2. Me and my friends will play online with you. And that goes for everyone else. Just PM me if you wanna play RA2 online.

...Still, I wish I hadn't lost YR.

Edit: I had them all up until...Renegade I think it was? The 1st person one.
Last edited by Leonheart at May 7, 2007,
I've never played RA2 online, only YR. I just remember the massive imbalance - Soviets were so much better.
Only ever played red alert two, damn PC isnt up to the job of the others I dont think.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
I was thinking of getting C&C 3, but I've never actually played any in-depth RTS (closest I've came was an additional mode in Advance Wars...). Would C&C 3 be a good starting point or should I go back further and get Red Alert or Tiberian Sun or something?
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Tiberian Sun was the best. I absolutely caned with the GDI.

Actually, the best wa TIberian Sun with Firestorm expansion, but that isn't on your list.
Page 1 of 3