Hello, I finally got my Peavey Delta Blues 30 watt 1X15 100% tube combo amp. It sounds simply beautiful, and now I'm looking to accentuate my sound with pedals. I'm really looking for the sound in the chorus of Dani California by RHCP, and the sound of Readymade, by RHCP. I'm thinking for the Dani California sound, a big muff pi would be great, but I really don't know what pedal would get me the Readymade sound. Also, what are just some useful pedals to have? (Chorus, Delay etc.)
Congrats on the purchase .

How much are you willing to spend?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
The Big Muff Pi would work perfectly.

You should get a Chorus, and a good one will the Electro-Harmonix one.
Delay is also a good one to get. I'd say Memory Man, Line 6 DL4, or the Boss DD-20. A good phaser is the MXR Phase 90.

I can't think of anything else right now.
Sent from my iPad.
it really depends on what you want
for RHCP id say go with chorus, delay, wah, fuzz...and add whatever else you might want

for chorus - EHX small clone
for delay - boss DD-3 or DD-6 (depends on what you want)
wah - vox (either the v847 or the clyde mccoy)
fuzz - EHX big muff

EDIT: check out this link to find out what effects John Frusciante used on for example readymade
http://www.guitarplayer.com/story.asp?storycode=15789

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
yes the DS-2 is the readymade tone
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
You want a Big Muff, it'll nail the DC and Readymade sounds, aswell as almost all John's distorted tones.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
OMG, you need to get a stereo polychorus. Awesome chorus by EHX. Also, get the Flanger Hoax. this assumes you want to spend loads of money,

If not, then get the Fx75b, you can get a pretty good chorus out of it.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by TehJermie
Small Clone. I believe John used a DS-2 on the latest album as well.

yeah i saw it too. but im confused. i checked out musicians friend and it says it comes with a remote jack. what does that do?
Quote by quimson
yeah i saw it too. but im confused. i checked out musicians friend and it says it comes with a remote jack. what does that do?

The DS-2 has two different distortion modes and you can put a footswitch to change between the two in the remote jack.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.