Poll Options
View poll results: Which?
Gutteral
45 29%
Black Metal
14 9%
Falsetto
11 7%
Scream-esque (Think Death, and some of Hetfield's heaveir vox)
33 21%
Actual singing (Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, even Type O Negative
43 27%
Other
11 7%
Voters: 157.
Page 1 of 2
Which vocal style would you like to MOST like to be able achieve?

Even if you can do one of them, whicj would you like to do along with it?

Poll soon.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
This is hard. I love BM vocals, like Varg's screetches, but Chuck Shuldiner's were just amazing, and Mikael Akerfeldt owns my soul. I guess scream-esque.
Gutteral, but I've been workin on em so I'm getting pretty good.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Chuck Schuldiner screeches are pure amazing in my ears.
Quote by sicformyage

me:you like acdc
them:yea i do
me:cool, whats your favorite song,other than back in black
them:i gotta go...

Quote by jordanzio
i love hilary duff and will eventually marry her... she does not know this currently...

Well, Akerfeldt owns my soul, so singing/growling via Akerfeldt, and singing/growling via Mr. Alvestam. And screaming via Stanne. I am very multi-faceted. XD
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
actual singing
I like guitar and good music!
Dave Mustaine is the man

Member 36 of the Iron Maiden are gods club
PM Revelations to join
Music depends on my mood really. If I feel like relaxing, I go for Mikael Akerfeldt's blend of growling/clean singing. If I feel like headbanging, I go for death metal or just plain metal. I choose Opeth probably since they cover both aspects.
If you are reading this, you fail at life. Go cut yourself and save yourself more misery.

Quote by Antartica.
What do you think about Opeths soft singer, do you think they need that vocalist or is that wut makes them Opeth?
Chuck Schuldiner and Nergal's vox are pretty awesome - couple of my faves. But my favorite has to go to Devin Townsend. Really powerful, almost operatic screaming. Great stuff.
Quote by gimme_fuel_89
Being able to sing like Warrel Dane from Nevermore; powerful cleans = win.

QFT
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Unholy grimz. Clean singing is alright too but I live for the grimz.

EDIT: I just reread the thread, I thought it was about what vocals you prefer. Oops.

I can already do grimz and abit of clean singing but I'm pathetic at gutterals. So, gutterals it is.
Last edited by masterofmuppets at Feb 28, 2007,
As far as what i'd want to be able to do. Definitely Sing. More in the Vein of Peter Steele, The Dev or Dan Swano. But simultaneously I wouldn't mind having a bit of Dev's Screams.

I probably won't play Metal exclusively forever, so singing would be more handy to have too.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
i can do gutteral perfectly but ive got a ridicolously low voice, so i cant screech or scream lol

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
And I forgot to say mine.

I think I would be gutteral, but more Åkerfeldt esque, where I can still sing, but I'd love to just do gutterals.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I like most styles of vocal but there's no substitute for good old fashioned singing.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Gutteral with clean occasional clean singing.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
I can do BM vox and Gutterals quite well, I can also do cleans alright, my voice suits more of an Akerfeldt clean than somthing like James LaBrie or Bruce Dickinson , my voice lacks a decent transition from my regular voice to falsetto.

I can do stupidly high falsetto but I cant mix my real voice with my falsetto that well, I lack the hi-mid range. So I would probably want to do clean vocals the best. Although all my vocal styles could do with a bit of improvement.
Quote by Spynal

Man, if only we could have a thread dedicated to recommendations, that would be sweet. Maybe, we could call it ... The Hugfest .... no, that's no good? Metal-O-Rama? Nah.... oh wait.

I've got it...
The Official Metal Recommendation Thread
Growling is great and all, but if I had to use the same style for all my songs, it would defintely be clean singing.
Clean singing with a little falsetto.

I can already do a little bit of death.
Quote by gimme_fuel_89
Being able to sing like Warrel Dane from Nevermore; powerful cleans = win.

just the man i was going to mention.
I really like kindof (sounds weird) cleaner grunting like opeth where you can kindof hear the words but stuff like nile and cannabal corpse is horrible to me. I love higher pitch screams like COB and some falsetto like dragonforce is good too. Im definitly a mixed bag of everything
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALSETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTO

just so i can be a dick and sing things out at shows in a reaaly high voice...

and also because i can pretty much do all of the other ones
smoosh
Quote by Molodov
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALSETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTO

just so i can be a dick and sing things out at shows in a reaaly high voice...

and also because i can pretty much do all of the other ones

exactly my sentiments...I want to sing like Phil Anselmo in his early years.

I want to go around yelling "Heavy Metal!" in a high pitch tone when I'm walking around NYC.

Me an my friend went around screaming "Metallica" for a good 15 blocks one night. Though now I don't really like metallica.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Well since I can already scream and growl I guess clean singing. Not in a power metaly way though, more like Alice in Chains or Pantera.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
I like mid-ranged growls alot with clean vocals mixed.

Sometimes death grunts.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
Page 1 of 2