Not a fan of the studio...but that's just because I played so many crappy ones at stores... .

I say go to a store and check em' out for yourself....Gibson have been lacking in their quality.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I have a Gibson LP Studio myself that's wine red. There's absolutely nothing wrong wtih it. Best guitar that I've played on and I enjoy it immensely.
I'm not really a fan of the studio....if you are looking to buy a LP i would save some money and try to get a second hand standard...thats my two cents
Ask me no questions, i will tell you no lies...
^Or a classic.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by brandon_huczek
I have a Gibson LP Studio myself that's wine red. There's absolutely nothing wrong wtih it. Best guitar that I've played on and I enjoy it immensely.

me too but mine is ebony with gold hardware
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
I've got a studio. Good guitar - it's no LP Custom by a long shot - there are large differences, but it's a good axe - definately not a crapper. Th eonly complaint i have is that the pickups aren't that great. If you'r eplannin on usin a Studio seriously, plan on swappin out the pickups. Otherwise it's good.
ive seen and carried a natural wood color LP studio... it does feel pretty light but it looks pretty cool. if only the standard or classic come in that finish.
Studios are nice. So they have no binding (who cares), 490R and 498T alnico pickups (they sound good to me), slimmer version of the 50's neck (thick, but perfect for my hands). It is a great guitar. I personally would not give up my Studio for anything. I suggest playing it to be sure you like the neck, If you do get it, you won't regret it.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
Quote by myMesa8mybrain
Studios are nice. So they have no binding (who cares), 490R and 498T alnico pickups (they sound good to me), slimmer version of the 50's neck (thick, but perfect for my hands). It is a great guitar. I personally would not give up my Studio for anything. I suggest playing it to be sure you like the neck, If you do get it, you won't regret it.

i think i would like the 50's neck... my only gripe about my epi les paul is the fact the neck is kind of thick, and i heard that all epi LP's come with 60s style necks. maybe the 50's style would be perfect for me.
they r awsome...except the weight
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
nothing wrong with the studio - I've got a gothic (not the new one with the EMG's, the one that was discontinued in '02), and its a beast. I also have an SG special in faded cherry, and it looks great. Go and play it in store, see what you think.

I know this isnt going to win me any friends, but in terms of looks, i actually prefer the studio to the standard. Its all down to one little detail - the way the body binding just comes to an abrupt end where it meets the neck. I cant explain how much I hate that.
Quote by BigFatMonkeyBoy
nothing wrong with the studio - I've got a gothic (not the new one with the EMG's, the one that was discontinued in '02), and its a beast. I also have an SG special in faded cherry, and it looks great. Go and play it in store, see what you think.

I know this isnt going to win me any friends, but in terms of looks, i actually prefer the studio to the standard. Its all down to one little detail - the way the body binding just comes to an abrupt end where it meets the neck. I cant explain how much I hate that.

i dunno what the big deal is about binding anyways... <shrugs>
Sorry for the ingorance, but whats binding?
"Only the dead have seen the end of the war..."
Quote by ozzie987
Sorry for the ingorance, but whats binding?

its that stripe u see around the edge of the body and neck. like for me, my guitar is black, but there is a cream stripe that goes around the edges of the whole guitar except the headstock.
Does binding increase the value?
"Only the dead have seen the end of the war..."
ok before you people yell at me for being difficult.

You do not want a gibson. maybe you think you do but do you really want to have a guitar that everyone else has? you'll never have your own sound. now IF you have an amazing sound box then maybe. but every gibson i play (no matter how hard i try) it ends up sounding like someone else famous is playing. sure it's fun for awhile but it get's old really quick.

this is just my opinion...normally i wouldn't say anything but you asked for it so i gave it to you. do what you want of course i'm not your agent or anything

later, Jon
Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo

LIVETODIE180

Oure fader that art in heuenis halowid be thi name ...

Looking for a singer, bassist, drummer, and rythem guitarist. PM me if your interested.
Quote by livetodie180

You do not want a gibson. maybe you think you do but do you really want to have a guitar that everyone else has? you'll never have your own sound. now IF you have an amazing sound box then maybe. but every gibson i play (no matter how hard i try) it ends up sounding like someone else famous is playing. sure it's fun for awhile but it get's old really quick.

this is just my opinion...normally i wouldn't say anything but you asked for it so i gave it to you. do what you want of course i'm not your agent or anything

later, Jon

He is not going to get a "Unique sound" from a guitar in that price range. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you completely, but he would have to spend significantly more and order a custom shop model in order to do that.
Quote by livetodie180

later, Jon

every mass produced guitar is going to sound like someone else in one way or another. its not just gibsons, dont be an idiot.
Quote by Ryank285
i think i would like the 50's neck... my only gripe about my epi les paul is the fact the neck is kind of thick, and i heard that all epi LP's come with 60s style necks. maybe the 50's style would be perfect for me.

The 60's neck is thinner and much faster. It comes on LP Classics.

The 50's neck is thicker and has jumbo frets.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by bonchie1
The 60's neck is thinner and much faster. It comes on LP Classics.

The 50's neck is thicker and has jumbo frets.

i got em mixed up then... i meant the 50's style. i think they also come as optional on the standards and studios.
I have that guitar with a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the neck and a JB in the bridge and love it.

I've played it up against an LP standard and mine plays and sounds better.
Quote by Ryank285
every mass produced guitar is going to sound like someone else in one way or another. its not just gibsons, dont be an idiot.

i'm not an idiot. all i'm saying is that gibsons are being overused. In this forum alone about 70% of these people are getting gibsons. and no your wrong about mass produced guitars sounding like everyone else. i've play fenders and can find my own sound and same with almost everyother guitar but when it comes to gibson, original sound is almost non-existent.
Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo

LIVETODIE180

Oure fader that art in heuenis halowid be thi name ...

Looking for a singer, bassist, drummer, and rythem guitarist. PM me if your interested.
Quote by ozzie987
Does binding increase the value?

Yes, very much so for alot of manufacturers, people love them.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Yes, very much so for alot of manufacturers, people love them.

yes, they are nice looking, but i dont think its a big enough deal to make or break whether or not u want a certain guitar... apparently a lot of people dont like the LP studios for the sole fact it does not have binding. i think the studios are nice guitars and the fact it has no binding doesnt bother me one bit.
Ok, first things first, that LP is techincally not a studio. It's the model below (vintage). It's still a fairly nice guitar. As has been stated earlier, go play one first, cause QC can be a little suspect on those models (I've played 3, 2 I liked, 1 I hated). Livetodie, you know not what you speak. I can get my own unique sound out of any Gibson I pick up. And your tone is mostly from your amp anyway, so I'm pretty sure you're an idiot (which has already been stated I believe). Quit going to every Gibson thead and bashing them, if you have nothing useful to say about the specific issue, butt out!!!
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by livetodie180
i'm not an idiot. all i'm saying is that gibsons are being overused. In this forum alone about 70% of these people are getting gibsons. and no your wrong about mass produced guitars sounding like everyone else. i've play fenders and can find my own sound and same with almost everyother guitar but when it comes to gibson, original sound is almost non-existent.

So you're telling me Zakk Wylde, who plays a Les Paul, and Jeff Beck's first two cd's, which he played a Les Paul on, sound the same? Their tones aren't unique? Then you're also sayin that Jimmy Page sounds just the same as Jerry Cantrell, right? And Greg Tribbett from Mudvayne played a Les Paul on LD 50, so he sounds just like Jeff beck and Zakk Wylde, right?

You are being an idiot. Think before you speak - it will meet with better results than these.
ehh i dont like the studios i would rather go with a standard les paul and you can still get the wood finish but i prefer the nice tiger stripe finish
I had the same guitar. Anyway, it was the best guitar I have owned. As far as the sound with the Burstbucker Pros, wow... I say for the money you can't beat it. I had to pay off a bill and the weight got to me.. that's the only reason she's gone! Check it out!

Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Last edited by guitarrocka205 at Mar 1, 2007,
Quote by livetodie180

later, Jon

Everything about this person is either stupid or vile.