new guitar soon...birthday tomorrow...planning on going to Sam Ash and GC this weekend. and im looking at these two models: The PRS SE Standard without Trem and the Epi Les Paul Custom. they both look like they suit my needs and they both look super sexy. I really want a PRS and i really want a Les Paul...but i cant have them both right now. I think im leaning toward the PRS. Thoughts?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Everyone's going to say get either a new amp or the PRS.

I can't really say, I've only played crappy low end PRS's...that's why i'm not too much of a fan.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
hard to say, I think the LP custom is better than the PRS standard. Thats just my personal opinion. Have you played the se custom though? Its amazing, and far better than the lp custom.
Quote by vintage x metal
My toilet has seen some scenes that one would describe as 'deathcore'
i gotta say lp custom, the low end prs's arent that good in my opinion
....I just noticed he said "epiphone"
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
yeah the Epi Les Paul custom and the PRS SE Standard. im planning on trying them i just wanted other opinoins on them...and a new amp isnt a possibility right now, ive got it set to where i like it even though everyone thinks MGs are crap. i just need a better guitar cause i hate my Squier.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Orange 2x12
What you need to do is go to the store and just play both of them. Really the only person who can make this desion is you. the one you buy is the one thats the most comfortable to play..
Last edited by CplDigger at Feb 27, 2007,
Don't get the SE standard. It won't give you anything like a les paul tone. Either the SE singlecut or custom is what you want. They're both great and i'd recommend them over an epiphone non elitist any day.
whats the difference between a regular epi and an epi elitist? i know the elitist is supposed to be better so save the smart comments, just wondering what kind of upgrades it has.
Quote by Ryank285
whats the difference between a regular epi and an epi elitist? i know the elitist is supposed to be better so save the smart comments, just wondering what kind of upgrades it has.

ive always wondered too.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Orange 2x12
this is the definition of what an epiphone elitist guitar is:
A premium LP with showtime looks. This is an instrument that approaches custom shop perfection. The Elite series are instruments that approach custom shop perfection. Crafted with premium woods, fitted with American pickups and circuitry even American-made toggle switches and Grover tuners they're made at a special factory devoted to their manufacture where they receive a high degree of hands-on luthier attention. This model upholds the Paul legacy with distinction. It features a bookmatched maple top on a bookmatched mahogany back and is fully American equipped. It takes a step up from the Standard with 24K gold-plated hardware, large block neck inlays, and headstock inlay.
Quote by Ryank285
this is the definition of what an epiphone elitist guitar is:
A premium LP with showtime looks. This is an instrument that approaches custom shop perfection. The Elite series are instruments that approach custom shop perfection. Crafted with premium woods, fitted with American pickups and circuitry even American-made toggle switches and Grover tuners they're made at a special factory devoted to their manufacture where they receive a high degree of hands-on luthier attention. This model upholds the Paul legacy with distinction. It features a bookmatched maple top on a bookmatched mahogany back and is fully American equipped. It takes a step up from the Standard with 24K gold-plated hardware, large block neck inlays, and headstock inlay.

also, it says the only difference between an epiphone elitist and the gibson counterparts is the "nitrocellulose finishes". guess i will be getting the epiphone elitist Les Paul Custom since the only difference is the finish and the name.

edit: i take that back... i forgot that the epiphone's only use the 60's style necks... i prefer 50's style since it is thinner.
Last edited by Ryank285 at Feb 27, 2007,