hi guys,
just like the subject says, I would like to develop my ear so I can start learning songs without tab. I am picking up the pent. scales very well, but this is only 5 notes and I find i'm missing out on all the other notes and not recognizing them. Any suggestions?
major scales

or jam with the pentatonic scales and sing at the same time, not a song, just the notes
dont learn major first... its not that its a bad idea, its just that you can only play major scales with major progressions. minor progressions are playable with major and minor, and are more flexible.
scales are good for the develop of the ear,speed,accuracy ... but its not just scales, play everyday anything,but play and listen,don't just play... and it comes natural, its like an instinct...
don't rush.
AbsentMind
Just keep playing. If you're listening to a song, faintly try and find some of the notes on the guitar, and go from there.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
As you play your scales, pay attention to the intervals between various notes (thirds, fourths, fifths, etc). You'll eventually be able to hear different intervals and recognise them with ease... This means you won't have any trouble know what comes next in a piece you'r etrying to figure out, because you'll recognise the change in pitch as an interval of some sort.

That was pretty poorly explained... If you don't get what I mean by intervals and all that jazz, post back and I'll try to help you out a bit more.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
Quote by greendayguitar
Just keep playing. If you're listening to a song, faintly try and find some of the notes on the guitar, and go from there.

what the hell? your name is greendayguitar and your avatar is "I DonT AcTuAllY lIkE gReEnNnNNNn DaAayaya"

-_-

you must be asian

wait... youre canadian.