Hey I sing in a metal band, and I also play bass. I write a lot of riffs on my bass, but it's all according to how I want it to sound on the guitar, so I'm just gonna switch to guitar. I have a thrash/metalcore/somewhat-death metal style, with lots of experimenting. What would be a good guitar for me, working with a budget of $350 or less?

Thanks for your help!
Maybe a Jackson? Don't really know, but stay away from BC Rich. I haven't ever cared for they're guitars and quite a few others agree. They do look cool though
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
BC Rich sucks...I don't even think they look cool. Right now I'm looking at some Schecters, the Omen and Damien. I like the Damien but maybe the bat inlays are a little lame? I like the playability though...
If nothing else they stand out! You always know a mile away whether or not it is a BC Rich at first glance!
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
Yea, Schecters are awesome... except for most of their guitars have inlays that ruin the whole thing.

Jackson and ESP LTD would be good choices. Ibanez isn't so "metal" anymore, they're pretty lame, and the pickups suck.

Just stay away from BC Rich and cheap-o crap.

If you REALLY want a trem, try this. The trem might not be of the quality you would want.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-JS30-Electric-Guitar?sku=511636

I would get this if I only had 300 dollars. I played one at Sam Ash and it is surprising for a 300 dollar guitar. The pickups aren't that bad (ehhh they are borderline okay), but it is a better choice than an Ibanez if you are into metal.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-JS30WR-Warrior?sku=511565
Last edited by i_baked_cookies at Feb 27, 2007,
Quote by ECistheBest
Fender Stratocaster. =]

You sir, are an idiot! The only Fender that could handle that high a gain would be a Double Fat, and even then they wouldn't be able to do it without a major pickup change (cause Fender Humbuckers are horrible)! I'm going to go with the ever common, ESP, Ibanez, Schecter Jackson crowd, those companies will all give you decent metal guitars in that range.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by onemanarmy9
You sir, are an idiot! The only Fender that could handle that high a gain would be a Double Fat, and even then they wouldn't be able to do it without a major pickup change (cause Fender Humbuckers are horrible)! I'm going to go with the ever common, ESP, Ibanez, Schecter Jackson crowd, those companies will all give you decent metal guitars in that range.

I do believe he was joking.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Rules are there to be broken no?

Anyone who says no, has to go.
I'm thinking an Ibanez, but try an esp won't you?

I've never played one, but my friend has one and it sounds pretty nice.

B.C rich is a decent guitar company.
They just look cool though,
nothing special.
I don't even shred