Poll: Flat or Round?
Poll Options
View poll results: Flat or Round?
Flatwound
9 30%
Roundwound
21 70%
Voters: 30.
Which do you prefer? I've never personally used flatwounds, but I really want to/
Not only do I use Roundwouds, I use stainless steel roundwounds. Either D'addario ProSteels, or Rotosound PSD99's for special occasions.

A cool poll wound be what kind of string do you use:
Stainless, NPS, Nickel, Groundwound, Flatwound.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
My J-Bass has rounds, but my P-Bass has flats. I prefer rounds on any bass but a P-Bass or a hollowbody.
Quote by Nighthawk551
My J-Bass has rounds, but my P-Bass has flats. I prefer rounds on any bass but a P-Bass or a hollowbody.

I actually want to put flats on my '51 P-Bass to see how it sounds. Mind hipping me to a good set?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Whats the difference?

Don't flats have well... a flatter sound?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles
Whats the difference?

Don't flats have well... a flatter sound?

yes, but i find they have a hell of a bottom end. they also tend to blend overtones better, they build then dissapate, rather than sounding all at once like a round wound.

*que jaco de lucia to come in screaming "MUWHAAA FACTOR!!"*

oh, i forgot to answer
conklin-DR coated Black Beauties
hohner-DR highbeams
tradition-D'addario flatwounds
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Quote by thefitz
I actually want to put flats on my '51 P-Bass to see how it sounds. Mind hipping me to a good set?

D'Addario chromes do me well.
haha
I play round on my Schecter and flats on my fretless. I'm rather traditional in that sense.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
I prefer roundwounds. I don't know what it is about flatwounds, but I don't really like them.
RotoSound 77s are asome flatwounds. If I ever get famous I'll have Rotosound make me a 6 string set of them beauties.
Bass is my life.
I used roundwounds on both my basses, but I've never tried flatwounds though. Don't think they're for me.

As for precisely what type of sting i have on my basses:

On my 4-string
EB Med Slinkys
On my 6-string
EB Custom guage Slinkys

I don't change strings very often, cause my local music store charges wayyyy too much on bass strings and has a pretty small selection. (I don't even think the local shop caries flatwounds!)
My Profile

http://www.kerozenband.com

Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jesusgonewrong or me to join.

Gear:
Ibanez SR506
Fender MIM Jazz Bass Deluxe Active
Yorkville XM200
d'addarios or GHS boomers both roundwound
nite folks
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by Fast_Bear
^ Local snooty highly strung guitar shops that HATE it when people window shop and play their instruments ALWAYS over charge for Bass Strings! Because remember, Bass doesn't exist in modern music.

I agree 100% with what you said, and the worst part is that I work at my local shop, (well, I teach there, and I get paid by the owner, but it's still kinda seperated from the actual store)
My Profile

http://www.kerozenband.com

Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jesusgonewrong or me to join.

Gear:
Ibanez SR506
Fender MIM Jazz Bass Deluxe Active
Yorkville XM200
mmmmm EB Flats are my weapon of choice........... yeah
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
EB Power slinky 55-110 for my LTD, and EB Custom gauge for my Schecter.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by thefitz

I use Rotosound Jazz Bass 77's. They're great strings and last quite a while.
DR Thick gauge mellow flatwounds on an Ibanez SDGR 300

win.

i stay away from "slap and poop" as i call it, so i switched to flats after my stock roundwounds broke.

although I'm anxious to try the others since i like to experiment

(Stainless, NPS, Nickel, Groundwound,)

Ibanez Soundgear 300 DX
Digitech BP 80
Ibanez SW 20 / Ampeg BA 115
Squire Affinity Strat
Line 6 Spider IV 15
I use both for different purposes.

Flats on my '62 P-bass to get that fat Jamerson tone.
Rounds on my MIJ Squier Jazz, Hofner Beatle bass, MIJ Fender Mustang, Epiphone Rivoli 5 string, Dearmond Starfire 5 string fretless, 1965 Guild Starfire, and Tacoma Thunderchief--different tones.
Nylon black tapewound La Bella strings on my Carvin LB-70F 5 string fretless--such a silky smooth fretless tone, and the neck doesn't mar as much as a roundwound would do.
Jaco de Lucia.

The Zen of Duh: How low can you go? Zero Hertz. That's the lowest anyone can go. Just turn off your bass amp and not play.

Q-tuner PUs (0X0 configuration) and HG Thor Labs for the best fretless bass tone. MWAH FACTOR!!!
Not fond of flatwounds. other than the weird feel it just doesn't get the sound i want
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.