Ok to start things off, back almost a year ago, I had a pretty big to play (1st one) I needed at half-stack so I hastely -(Sp?) bought a behringer half-stack....It's not bad like a lot of their products but it's obviously not top of the line...

So anyway I have a behringer half-stack and I want to upgrade in the near future. What Should I look into? What brand, wattage, ect...

I play Metal...I play heavy stuff, but I play a lot of lead bass riffs and solos/sweeps so I need a good high end also. I have an Ibanez SR506 six string as my main bass. If that helps any, but I really need to guiding to a really good dependable half or full stack and a Price range for it. Thanks Appreciated
2nd member of the Ibanez SR506 Owners Club! PM Greenday389 to join!

Gear: Ibanez SR506
Yamaha RBX170
Ibanez GSR205
What about an Eden Nemesis 410 Combo? They have 325W, and run under a grand.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Maybe an Ampeg SVT 8x10 (800W RMS) or SVT 6x10 (600W RMS). Both are around $700-$1000 USD.
Get a full stack. Avoid an 8x10 like the plauge! I dont' care how it sounds! It sucks when you need 4 people to load up you Bass rig for playing shows!

Though if you are REALLY serious about getting that DREAM RIG, get a multiamp setup! My dream amp is a 1200W tube amp going into a 21"sub and a 750W solid state going into a halfstack or a 6x10 (or equiveleint) With a dual preamp, 31 band sterio rackmount EQ, with gateing, and an assload of studio quality effects! (in total that will be a $7k setup)