I wouldn't call them "black metal" at all, since they don't sound ANYTHING like Emperor or 1349. More like Industrial hard rock.

They're pretty mediocre, since all their songs sound the same and the singer sucks live.
I wouldn't call them "black metal" at all, since they don't sound ANYTHING like Emperor or 1349. More like Industrial hard rock.

As much as your statement might be true (or false!), that's pretty crappy reasoning. That's like saying "it ain't rock if it doesn't sound like AC/DC or Zep." I'm not even a huge fan of black metal, and I know that Emperer and 1349 do not embody everything there is to black metal. Just because you don't sound like some strong bands within a genre, doesn't mean you are not in that genre.
Just something to think about.

Edit: Spelling....
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Quote by Revalk
As much as your statement might be true (or false!), that's pretty crappy reasoning. That's like saying "it ain't rock if it doesn't sound like AC/DC or Zep." I'm not even a huge fan of black metal, and I know that Emperer and 1349 do not embody everything there is to black metal. Just because you don't sound like some strong bands within a genre, doesn't mean you are not in that genre.
Just something to think about.

Edit: Spelling....

Yeah I know. I was just making a general statement; I was just trying to point out a couple of bands that I consider good examples of what black metal is about to contrast the difference.

Hell, even Aborym, Anaal Nakatkhaskthsrjh (however you spell it) and Red Harvest are considered "Industrial Black Metal" or "Industrial Grind" and they don't sound anything like the Deathstars.