Ive played guitar for about 3 years and i recently realized i mainly use my index finger and my little finger when playing, so i was just wondering if anyone else just used 2 or 3 main finger.
i always try to use all my fingers equally, but my pinky isn't as strong as my other fingers.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
Quote by jackson001
i always try to use all my fingers equally, but my pinky isn't as strong as my other fingers.

same here... my pinkies are really short too.
well yeah i can use all my fingers and i'm pretty much equally asd good with all of them but my middle finger and ring finger just don't feel comfortable for most stuff, unless im playing a fast solo
I play enough songs with my pinky to have it nice and strong.
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
mines are my thumb, index, middle, and ring fingers.
no pinky. i roll them up and never use it except in chords.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I used to be a three finger special, but I addresed this and now use all my fingers equally. If you dont use your pinky, spend ages playing scales and make sure to use your pinky properly.
Sometimes I'll purposely use my pinky in an odd fingering just to exercise it more. Now I use it all the time. And since im almost always in "box" form whatever the fingering requires i simply use that finger.
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
B-52 At-100 head + 4x12 cab
Yamaha EG303
Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive
I use pretty much only my index and ring for rhythm playing. I use all my fingers but rarely my pinky in lead.
My pinky is double jointed, and thus hard to shred with.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Use them all equally, though I never used my pinky when I started, so I learned to sweep pick. Now I use it all of the time.
My index always finds a way in if I let it, so I started practicing a lot of things with the other three. Some of which I actually find more comfortable and reliable due to my fat fingers. And then there's scales...
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany
1993 US Peavey Predator with Texas Specials
Crate Palomino V16
Boss OD-3
I use four fingers. Once you learn to use all of them, playing becomes easier.
Quote by Kanthras
Since there is no such thing as perfect tone, and every rig has differences (however slight they may be), I hereby declare this claim as bullshit.