Im not pointing fingures or trying to degrade anyone in any way when i say all this. Im not judging anyone on the tunes they like to play or listen to from the jam bax beacuse i like it all from Frank sinatra to slipknot, tim mcgraw to sublime... i listen to it ALL. I was jsut wondering (since i get more of the "rock and roll" vibe from this site) does anyone listen to stuff like Slightly Stoopid, G. Love, Jack Johnson, Sublime, or anything like that? I kind of consider it "acoustic surf rock" or "beach dub".. i guess you could refer to it as reggea. I mean i listen to this shit all the time, but never really her about it on UG and id like to discuss it more, but ive yet to have a good convo. soooooo jsut wondering...
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
sublime's pretty cool
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
I listen to a lot of softer stuff then what can probably be indicated. I really like all the songs I've heard from sublime, and there's a bunch of other bands that have softer stuff i love (i.e. Coheed and Cambria's Light and the Glass)
i like the bands mentioned. just the chill music to relax too. i like the relaxing acoustic. Jack Johnson's one of my favourites. Slightly Stoopid is good, as is sublime.

Its just fun to mello out to it.
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
Last edited by CanadaHckyDude at Feb 28, 2007,
Jack Johnson, Sublime, Bob Marley, Pink Floyd, and Radiohead are all the chillax. And of course classical music as well.
Jack Johnson and John Mayer are nice when I need to mellow out.
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
I listen to a lot of music from Blues (Stevie Ray, BB King, Albert Collins etc), Grunge excluding Nirvana (Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden etc...) and Shred (Andy Timmons, Yngwie Malmsteen etc...) however for the past half year i've been so bored with that stuff (especially rock).

I've been into the mellow stuff for a long time and that phase existed side by side with my other preferential choices in genre. Now, I don't listen to Rock anymore. I still plug in the old shred tune once in a while and a few blues tracks but all in all, i listen to a lot of acoustic-pop rock or alternatives. Some of the more mellow artists I listen to are:
- The Wreckers
- Jessica Harp
- Michelle Branch
- Vanessa Carlton (don't be fooled about her being pop, she's actually alternative if you listen to her albums and a very good pianisit)
- KT Tunstall
- Alanis Morissette
- Sheryl Crow
- Brad Paisley
- John Mayer (hardly the case now)
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Mar 1, 2007,
Quote by yawn
^ Woot for Michelle Branch =)

LOL. I've known her since her debut release, Broken Bracelet. I have all of her albums: Broken Bracelet (which she wrote at age 16, I believe), The Spirit Room and Hotel Paper. Check out the Wreckers (Michelle + Jessica Harp). But for the records, Jessica Harp > Michelle Branch, by far. Interested? Check out the "Other Forum" for the Wreckers' Thread. I've given a few Jessica Samples (you can only get her independant solo release album from her official site). If you like them, PM me maybe I will be nice.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by NotOneWithNames
Im not pointing fingures or trying to degrade anyone in any way when i say all this. Im not judging anyone on the tunes they like to play or listen to from the jam bax beacuse i like it all from Frank sinatra to slipknot, tim mcgraw to sublime... i listen to it ALL. I was jsut wondering (since i get more of the "rock and roll" vibe from this site) does anyone listen to stuff like Slightly Stoopid, G. Love, Jack Johnson, Sublime, or anything like that? I kind of consider it "acoustic surf rock" or "beach dub".. i guess you could refer to it as reggea. I mean i listen to this shit all the time, but never really her about it on UG and id like to discuss it more, but ive yet to have a good convo. soooooo jsut wondering...

Bet you like Mozart and Beethoven?
Quote by RHCP94
Green Day should be so proud that there band is better than a bunch of 16 year olds.................medals anyone?

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Gotta love ticked off metal heads.

JAMMER-91

Hare Krishna
jack johnson is great to relax to
Quote by JamieB
Because all TRUE GUITARISTS know what PLUGINCHILD looks like, DUUUUH!

I want it now, and i want you NOW! give me your heart and your soul!
Jack Johnson and Sublime are great, but they're not reggae, Sublime perhaps have ska influences, but thats about it.

I love chilled out music. Especially Gomez.

Any love for Gomez anywhere?

Then again, I love rock n roll, and probably find myself talking about it all the time, so yes, Mr. Threadstarter, you are correct.
I love Jack Johnson. I have all of his albums and they are all great. And I have Curtains by John Frusciante and that cd is amazing. John Mayer is huge for me now (has been for the past year) and thats awesome chill music. However, his JM3 stuff is very upbeat, great to play along too. April 26 in Winnipeg for his show, cant wait
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by justin_fraser
I love Jack Johnson. I have all of his albums and they are all great. And I have Curtains by John Frusciante and that cd is amazing. John Mayer is huge for me now (has been for the past year) and thats awesome chill music. However, his JM3 stuff is very upbeat, great to play along too. April 26 in Winnipeg for his show, cant wait

*Is listening to A Name right now*

Seriously, do yourself a favor and pick up everything John Frusciante has ever had a relation to except Stadium Arcadium.
Dickless.
theres always time for some mellow stuff

city and colour
get cape. wear cape. fly
brand new
frank turner
iron & wine
jacob's stories
rocky votolato
the dear hunter

and a ton of post-rock, sigur ros, etc.
willy mason. now thats mellow