Poll: Which gauge do you use?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which gauge do you use?
Medium (45(or 50)-105)
51 57%
Medlight (40(or45)-100)
24 27%
Light or heavy
15 17%
Voters: 90.
Page 2 of 2
Quote by maXterbat0r
On my SR500 I still have the stock strings, which I'm guessing is 45-100, and the action is pretty low. It has a rattly sorta sound to it, I find.

Change them strings boy!!!! Sly Taco uses Rotosounds 105 Swing bass somethin's.
I actually carved the nut on my bass and use 5 string strings on a 4 stringer. It's a bitch to get it to tune to standard just right, but when it's right, it's got this beefy low growl to it that I just love to death.
Whit abound in this signature
Hi Bassillo long time no see, nice to have you back.

I use 135, 105, 85, 65, 55 on my Stingray5 & G&L L2500, I prefer the extran Punch that the 55s give to the G string, as I said in a previous thread 54 was the satandard G in the 60s.
because I'm getting on a bit I prefer a very low action and no buzz it's easier on my aging fingers.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
^ I think someone before me resurrected this, Bassilo only started this thread in February, but hopefully he's still around now and again.
signature
...Still a thread worth posting in. I use DR Marcus Miller strings. They go .045-.105. I'm thinking of switching to heavy flatwounds upon picking up fretless bass. Good or bad idea?
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
I have a 4 string and i use the heaviest strings i can fin 105. The only reason i go so high cause i play in a hardcore band and we play in a#.
Quote by XnaKedblinkFrek
I have a 4 string and i use the heaviest strings i can fin 105. The only reason i go so high cause i play in a hardcore band and we play in a#.

105 is not a high gauge string.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
i use Rotosound Swing 66's, nickel on steel, 45-105. they are marked "standard" gauge. i am curious about a heavier G, since Sir John mentioned it. might have to buy 2 sets next time.
i like mediums on my 4 strings and heavys on my 5 string last time i went to buy strings for my 5string i forgot to buy heavy like i decided iw as going to >.< oh well ..next time
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Im impressed you found it buried among the ruins...! Excellent use of the search button!

Ha Thanks
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
Page 2 of 2