I remember a while ago there was talk of having a tutorials sticky by UG users. I think Corduroy even made some good tutorials. If I were to create one, I'd put in things like the killswitch tutorial, and others, then have a system of menus, and close all posts which could've been answered by reading the thread.

So, what do you guys think? Feel free to brainstorm up some ideas.

"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
sounds good to me except it might not work unless you can start it up with a whole heap of tutorials already in there
So you're our new mod eh, you've got some big boots to fill
I'd be glad to help out however I can. I could possibly do a tutorial on refurbishing a pre-built cabinet, it wouldn't be for a good few weeks though (gotta go home first).
RandomEdit: I could get lespaulmarshall to collaborate his defretting together to make a tutorial out of it.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
I think its a great ideal, and no one says they have to all be giant complicated projects, you could have simple stuff aswell. Plus my tele is yurning for a killswitch

Projectguitar have a huge tutorial section.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
I really thinks it enough to go the projectguitar.com and read the tutorials there..
I have been thinking about that for a long time, AlGee had posted many good tutorials (buffing, stenciling and I don't remember anything else), there are a couple of other ones like the killswitch thread, the cab thread and the pedalboard thread. If I remember well, there was also a "how to remove stickers" tutorial.

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
Sounds like a great idea. Whenever someone comes up with a good tutorial, chuck it in there.

A list of links to good tutorials on other websites would also be good, as long as they're labelled well. So, if there isn't something on what you want in the thread yet, it may be in the list of tutorials.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Sounds like a good idea. This has idea has been around before, the problem was getting experienced people to write some tutorials.

Cord did a acoustic build and a shellac potting thread if I remember right and chris did the two aswell.
It would be good if some of the old build threads where added to a stick e.g chrisb0109 , Aioua's and zombat's

I wouldn't mind writing afew if any where suggested or gelping out with anything.
Last edited by dave293 at Mar 1, 2007,
the problem is that most people just make builds and don't really explain how to do it...

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
Doing big things like builds and finishing a time consuming to do indepth (as chris's painting tutorial attempt showed). Smaller things like setups and pickup swaps are easier to do.
The points about Project Guitar are good, if I were to set it up, I'd make a rule that it has to be a unique topic (ie. not covered at PG)(though I may make a couple exceptions).

We've got some solid tutorials to start off with, the killswitch tutorial, the cabinet tutorial, Algees tutorials if I can dig them up. Corduroy had some stuff too.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure