Hi. I currently own a Yamaha RGX620DZ and I'm thinking of changing the humbuckers. I think of putting an sh-1 '59 as a neck pickup and a Dimebucker/JB as a bridge pickup. Any suggestions (You can also suggest other pickups)? I like all styles of music ranging from Heavy Metal to Jazz, Blues and Instrumental Rock.

Thanks in Advance,
BloodStain
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?
load it up with EMGs.
Warrior Generation X Double Cutaway - EMG 85's
Schecter C1 Classic - ZW EMG's
Fender Strat - DG20 EMG's
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric
Metal Zone
Roland Cube 60
BIG STUBBIES!
etc.
The Dimebucker sounds great if you really like metal a lot, altough like the guy above me said i would atleast get an EMG too.

My ideal set up is:
Bridge - Dimebucker
Neck - EMG H4 (Passive, no Battery changing.)

Anyway just my 2 cents

But the dimebucker really is a great humbucker.
Isnt the diumebucker meant to be cack compared to the actual pick-ups dimebag used, and also alot more expensive?
Yeah I was thinking about the HZ H-4> Its the pickup which Alexi Laiho uses and I really like the sound that comes out of it. Another problem: Dimebucker and H-4 are both (preferably) bridge pickups. I'm also somewhat biased, because I don't like EMGs much except for the H-4.
Isn't it also weird to stick humbuckers of different companies to the same guitar? My friends told me it may give me some problems. What about versatility? EMGs greatly limit it. I'm not much of an expert that's why I'm posting.
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?
Hi. I currently own a Yamaha RGX620DZ and I'm thinking of changing the humbuckers. I think of putting an sh-1 '59 as a neck pickup and a Dimebucker/JB as a bridge pickup. Any suggestions (You can also suggest other pickups)? I like all styles of music ranging from Heavy Metal to Jazz, Blues and Instrumental Rock

Dimebucker = shite.

If you want power and versatility stick a Duncan Custom in the bridge, although the alder/mahogany body will be fairly bright so the Custom Custom would be better, possibly even a Dimarzio Breed. Both are warm, articulate pickups with a rounded midrange and balanced treble. More importantly, they're hot but not what you'd class as "distortion" pickups so you get far more scope for cleaner tones.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com