Hi, so today my GFS bridge pickup arrived, and i'm looking to wire it into my RG321mh. Currently my guitar has a 5-way selector with pickup combinations as follows:
Full Bridge
Bridge + neck inner coils
Both full humbuckers combined
Neck parallel connected
Full Neck

Now i want to keep the switching exactly the same, so the switch should be relatively simple. But what i'm struggling with is that the stock ibanez wires are different colours to the GFS. The ibanez pickups are:
Red
Black & white
Bare & blue

The GFS are the same as seymour duncans and are: Black (ground)
red & white
Green (+)
silver shield (ground)

So i'm not really sure which wires go where , so if anyone has wired up a similar guitar, or has any experience with pickups and could help, i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

Email their customer support, they are generally quick about replying and can usually answer any question you have.
Ah, yes, the Ibanez Infinity pickups. Just posted something about this the other day. Even the same RG.
Check out this thread:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8417128
I made a diagram there. And made a conversion chart for the SD color code to Ibanez color code.
Just make you sure you know what's the hot on your single coil.
^ thanks for the help guys, i got it working sounds very nice, improves everything in my sound that i wanted. Btw i went for the GFS crunchy h02 pickup
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22

Hello me again , i was so happy with the gfs bridge pickup i bought, i recently ordered a neck pickup also. Today i fitted it, but i have a problem. All pickup selections seem to be working correctly except for the last-but-one selection in the neck direction. This is supposed to be the neck humbucker in parallel, but when this is selected i get no sound whatsoever, no noise nothing. Here is what the ibanez site shows as the pickup selections:

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/eg_pickup_sw_2007.php?ID=3

If anyone could offer any advice on what the possible cause of this problem could be, i'd be overjoyed . Also an explanation of the problem would be great becuase i'd like to learn about guitar wiring for future. Thanks again guys
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Quote by evilbeaver22

I wired the new neck pickup to exactly the same places as the old neck pickup. I thought it would be ok because i thought i had tworked out the colour codes after fitting the bridge pup.

Here's the wiring, but i'm wondering if i have worked out the ground hot etc for the gfs pickups. http://www.ibanez.com/support/wiringdiagrams.aspx

Thanks again, man, you've been a great help
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Quote by evilbeaver22

i have an 05, but there doesn't seem to be one for my guitar in that year. The other link i gave has the same pickup options, but after closer inspection, the wiring isn't the same as in my guitar.
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Quote by evilbeaver22

ok, i have to go now, i'll edit this post after with pics and diagrams later, thanks again, i'd really appreciate if you could check back to this thread again, you've been a huge help.
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Quote by evilbeaver22

OK i've tried to show what the wiring is like in paint. If you understand this i'd be amazed!!! Firstly here is the ibanez stock wiring

Then here is my my wiring of the GFS pickups, where every position works fine, except for
the last but one position in the neck direction which is supposed to be the neck humbucker in parallel.

The GFS instructions say that

Green = Hot
Black = Ground
Silver shield = Ground
Red + white coil tap

Finally here is the ibanez pickup configuration i should be getting

(Invalid img)

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/eg_pickup_sw_2007.php?ID=3

Thank you so much!!!
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Quote by evilbeaver22

Ye sorry, the purple wires are just wires joining parts up, they vary in colour, but i didn't think that mattered. Hmm looking at the diagrams the colours are pretty hard to make out, the 2 blue wires in the top one look very dark.

The thing i can't understand is that i must have it sort of wired correctly for the neck pickup to work in series, but somehow not in parallel.
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Quote by evilbeaver22

Last edited by Pete Griffin at May 5, 2007,
its grey, also looks dark, its the top wire leaving the pups in the diagram
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Quote by evilbeaver22

I'm having a bit of trouble figuing out what is what.

Does GFS tell you which is the start and finish of each coil? Or do they just tell you how to wire the whole thing up without giving you details?
Not taking any online orders.
I'll draw wxactly what gfs says now, thank you for replying.
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Quote by evilbeaver22

Here is what GFS provided me with, they also put a wiring diagram on the back for a 3 way les paul style selector, but i don't want that configurtion.

Ahhh i forgot that it says that the
black = start
green = start
white = end
red = end

EDIT: The pickups now appear to be working correctly, it seems i had wired the hot and ground the wrong way around (again) Thank you for your assistance
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Quote by evilbeaver22

Last edited by Pete Griffin at May 6, 2007,