I played gitar for almost 8 years now, but still I cant tune my gitar in c tunig..
Im learning john butlers - ocean (live version), and its so irritating to tune the 12 strings just by ear everythime I wanna play that beautyful song... Its even more irritating to find a way to play the song with standard tuning.. hehe.

So... If anyone here can teach me in a very easy way, how to tune , I would be very happy..

Tuning: C Open (CGCGCE)

john butler's - ocean (live)
compose a riff with tht tuning... and keep playing it over... till u obtain perfect pitch of the tone u want...
U've been playing for 8 years and still don't possess enough theory to tune your guitar to C open ?

Grab yourself a book once in a while mate.
CGCGCE

I would use the C on the 5tth the A string 3rd fret to tune the 6th and 4th to C (the low E on D string) and the 3rd the G string to tune the 2nd A to a G

I hope that helps ya
Quote by PollutedSoul
U've been playing for 8 years and still don't possess enough theory to tune your guitar to C open ?

Grab yourself a book once in a while mate.

He can't even spell "guitar" so a book probably wouldn't help that much
Quote by smb
He can't even spell "guitar" so a book probably wouldn't help that much

You have to love the arrogance of some people who think everyone first language is English
Quote by graysonsoares
compose a riff with tht tuning... and keep playing it over... till u obtain perfect pitch of the tone u want...

Worst, advice, ever.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by graysonsoares

not worst advice actualy lol. cos i can tune to drop C by ear ( but i play in a metal / deathmetal band so its our standard tuning ) but yeah to get back to E i just play seekand destroy until it sounds right... - probaly is worst way actualy but it works
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Quote by fdiyen
You have to love the arrogance of some people who think everyone first language is English

That's what I'm talking about. Thank you very much

And to all of you madrefakkas that just can't keep you're mouth shut; eat shit, puke it up, and eat some more.

Still something good came out of this. Not that I just learned to c-tune my GUITAR, I also learned 2 new words that I SOMETIMES spell wrong.
Last edited by n1smo at Feb 28, 2007,
I'm sorry, but I don't belive you when you can't even tune a string right even when you've played for "8 years now"

And you can't spell guitar.

Please note, if you were playing guitar for 8 years, you would know how to spell guitar by then.
I don't even shred
Quote by Nebjy
I'm sorry, but I don't belive you when you can't even tune a string right even when you've played for "8 years now"

And you can't spell guitar.

Please note, if you were playing guitar for 8 years, you would know how to spell guitar by then.

Yes, I've been playing guitar on a daily basis for about 7,5 years now.
This is the first time I ask anyone how to tune it down to C.
And for some weeks ago it was the first time I saw a song played in c-tuning. (atleast that I'm aware of)
You know that there is a ton of songs out there that you can play in standard tuning.
So I didn't care about learning that before now.