I am looking for something that has many effects and can record on my PC with good quality, well good enough for demo's and good harmonizer and effects. Is the g2.1u a good pedal to get?

I play mosthly Metal, Hardcore, and trashy stuff. But I also play classical...

Is this pedal good? Or if you have any other suggestions feel free...
ESP Fan
Owner Of:
ESP Standard Horizon NT II transparent Cherry
Last edited by Jayps Inimical at Mar 3, 2007,
Check my link (in my signature) and you will hear the record-quality
If the distortion is as good as that than it sounds pretty mad!
ESP Fan
Owner Of:
yes it's just the same quality but with an effect over it ...
Quote by JvL
Check my link (in my signature) and you will hear the record-quality

I only hear a clean guitar???
Is there any other product in this same quality that I am missing? Or for the price this is the best?
ESP Fan
Owner Of:
the USB interface on my b2.1u is great. its moderately good at recording, but you have to have headphones or an amp in the pedal to hear the rest of the tracks/what you're playing, it won't bridge the Soundcard
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by bfloyd6969
I only hear a clean guitar???

ditto.

waddup dawg? where's them distortion?
KsE

You know they rock.
Quote by drjimuk
I have the G2 and it's a really great pedal for the price imo. It's nothing on my tube amp, but it's also 1/14 of the price.

So what you saying is, if i ever get a tube amp it won't be too good for effects?
ESP Fan
Owner Of:
It's a good pedal. Fun to play with, but not very useful really. And the cubase recording software, IMO, sucks.

If you're after something to record with get a Line 6 Toneport. It's super easy to use and has lots of amp models + effects. And the recording quality is awesome. They're about the same price.

EDIT: Oh and yeah digital effects are not very useful with tube amps. You lose all your amps tone.
Quote by de.sandman
ditto.

waddup dawg? where's them distortion?

Haven't got a recording with Distortion yet ... but I've never said that I had one, did I :P
^ oh yea. lol my bad. haha. misinterpreted jayps Inimicals post about 'if the distortion is that good' heh.
KsE

You know they rock.
The Toneport looks pretty decent but I think their videos and recording are a tad biased :P Obviously that have been edited by a pro, and it wont sound like that. But looks like a decent product. Love the one with the keyboard...

Does anyone have examples of recordings they've done with the toneport?
ESP Fan
Owner Of:
hey, can i connect the g2.1u to an acoustic guitar? i want the reverbs and chorus..
Quote by areola
hey, can i connect the g2.1u to an acoustic guitar? i want the reverbs and chorus..

Yea you can, but im not sure if it will sound too good. also, i believe there is a acoustic version isnt there?
ESP Fan
Owner Of:
i've got this pedal. it's all good and fun, the CUBASE SUCKS, personally i didn't like the heavy metal sounds so if u'r a heavy metal fan, mm don't get it! i didn't try to record something with it, so i can't tell, generally it's a good buy for the price.
well, cant expect much from distortion, i use my metal zone for it.. i m just wondering abt bypassing the g2.. when i bypass it goes to tuner mode...