Well I'm going to be getting myself a new lefty guitar soon and have been seriously considering the Jackson SL2H, do any of you have one or have any opinions on it? It's pretty much close to the exact spec I'm after.

Thanks in advanced..!
i'd get it. i have the 2005 DK2 and it's very nice IMO. i suppose the soloist is even better... but i suggest trying it first to see if YOU like it.

EDIT: crap, i thought it's a pro series soloist... since it's a USA model, it's amazing. i haven't tried it but it should be great. if you like it, get it...
Last edited by 666_Belial at Feb 28, 2007,
The problem is I'm left handed and I can't find any local stores that have even a right handed version in stock let alone a lefty - so it might have to be a blind buy.. :/
well, the guitar should be great for that money, but i don't know if you're a jackson guy. maybe try some other jacksons, like anything from the MG or PRO series just to see if you like the jackson type of neck. if you get to like that guitar you'll just love the one you're buying.
Well - looks like I'm going to be ordering one in transparent black - thanks for the help. I tried an RR1 in the shop and liked the neck etc on that, am I right in assuming the soloist has a similiar neck? I wasn't keen on the shape of the RR1 and it was awkward to play sitting down.
Quote by mituozo
Well - looks like I'm going to be ordering one in transparent black - thanks for the help. I tried an RR1 in the shop and liked the neck etc on that, am I right in assuming the soloist has a similiar neck? I wasn't keen on the shape of the RR1 and it was awkward to play sitting down.

yes, i think it should have pretty much the same neck. they're both neck-through, and they have exact same scale length, neck dimensions (according to the jackson site). the only difference is that the soloist has 24 frets, but you'll only notice that once you try to play 23rd or 24th fret...
i say get it.
k cheers, yeah, I was after 24 frets anyway. I was just wondering about the size/shape of neck etc, good to hear it's the same.