Hi guys!

I've been hanging around here for a couple of weeks, but haven't posted anything until now.

Recently I got my first bass guitar, and as far I know it's a Washburn Lyon LB-20. My friend (from who I bought it) says it's about five years old... He's not sure though. Anyway, I don't find very much info about this bass, and I thought that I'd ask you guys. Guess I'm just curious if someone more than me owns this bass and would like to share some experiences/thoughts/whatever.

I also got Peavey 20W amp included in the price (about $150).

Here's a picture of me playing it... If you wanna know how it looks like. And don't laugh please :P

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8002/timponkengj4.jpg
OLP MM2 > ODB-3 > TU-2 > Hartke HA3500 > Hartke 410TP > NoName 115
Actually the Bass looks extremely decent! Nice Jazz pickups, probably has a really nice tone to it!

But what is really important is what do YOU think of the Bass? Is it comfortable to play? Does it sound good?

Also, if you are just starting, 20Ws is good for practicing, but just keep in mind that down the road you will need more wattage power!
I haven't really played any other basses so far, but I like the sound, that was probably the main reason why I started playing...

I do love my bass, but since it's the only one I've played I wasn't really sure if it was a good bass or not... That's why I want some info from other owners

Actually I was thinking about upgrading my amp, cuz I recon the sound won't be good enough when playing with drums...
Last edited by tim2k at Mar 1, 2007,
Whell for one, go out and play more Basses! If your band will actually go far, you will meet other bands and see other Basses! And if not, you can just go into a guitar shop and play the instruments (unless they are REALLY highly strung and snooty! But if that is the case, then why the hell do you even wana go there?)

And for playing with drums, you need ATLEAST 80Ws. At the MINIMUM! Though try and get atleast 300W for a good sound!
From what I understand, Lyon is to Squier what Washburn is to Fender. That bass is your typical J-Bass clone, but it has a very interesting looking finish.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Yeah, that too... I worded it like Lyon is Washburn's Squier if Washburn was Fender. Yours makes more sense
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Well thanks guys, didn't know any of that