OK so i have a Line 6 spider II amp and i have the settings as;
Drive - 5
Bass - 7
Mid - 2
Treble - 7

When i use the insane channel i get an amazing distortion with it, but i bought a Line 6 Uber Metal pedal so i could switch between the distortion & clean (because the pedal has the insane setting on it too).

Problem i'm having is that it sounds nothing like the amp's insane channel.
i have the settings on the pedal pretty much the same as the amp and i duno wether thats the problem or not. I tried messing with the settings on the pedal but i just cant figure it out!
Is there any way i should have my settings on either of them to get the same distortion through the pedal as what i do on the amp?

please help!

thanks!
Quote by shav0r
Well basically sperm is alive right, so how come you don't see it move around on its own in a condom or whatever?

BLAME FACEBOOK FOR MURDERS... NOT THE MUSIC!
you see the "off" switch on the amp?...
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
i tryed the uber metal pedal before. in my opinion it sucked so i got the Boss mt-2...any way just because they r both line6 doesnt mean they r gonna sound the same...u should have gotten a footswitch
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Quote by Yngwi3
you see the "off" switch on the amp?...

Wow that was helpful! expect to get a warning!

Just keep messing around with the Eq's to get you that sound!! you should get it eventually!
Quote by False_God
Wow that was helpful! expect to get a warning!

Just keep messing around with the Eq's to get you that sound!! you should get it eventually!
lol, ive already been banned for posting "" to a joke someone said, hopefully the board has matured during my ban time.

okay if i have to be useful i would say to take the uber metal back and just buy a pedal that allows you to switch between the clean and distortion channel

Or go buy a new amp
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

yeh but i also wanted the pedal for use outside my house.
eg, college, gigs etc. so i doubt a footswitch would do any good!
Quote by shav0r
Well basically sperm is alive right, so how come you don't see it move around on its own in a condom or whatever?

Quote by gary666
yeh but i also wanted the pedal for use outside my house.
eg, college, gigs etc. so i doubt a footswitch would do any good!

...why's that? you know you CAN carry the footswitch around right?
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Yeh but will the footswitch work on different amps?
everywer i play has its own amps. Will a line 6 footswitch work on other amps?
Quote by shav0r

Quote by gary666
Yeh but will the footswitch work on different amps?
everywer i play has its own amps. Will a line 6 footswitch work on other amps?

Oh right i see what you're saying, nah i see your dilemma....
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Yeh...
my fault sorry, Maybe i should have been more clear about actually wanting that distortion for other amps not just my own!
sorry bout that!
Quote by shav0r

Just fiddle around with the pedal until you get the tone you need. You might want to try something new for your settings. I've got the Uber Metal too and I'm working with full mids and just a smidge of scoop, you might want to try that too.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by Yngwi3
lol, ive already been banned for posting "" to a joke someone said, hopefully the board has matured during my ban time.

okay if i have to be useful i would say to take the uber metal back and just buy a pedal that allows you to switch between the clean and distortion channel

Or go buy a new amp

Actually no, the intention is that you mature during your ban time. Also, that is not why you were banned, you've been warned 3 times, and then had multiple accounts. Nice you tried to say something useful, but unfortunately for you, it came too late.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
In my exerience the Spider hates pedals.
Maybe it's the digital signal chain, but it just seems to be completely unusable with most pedals.
It's like they don't add up, they clash.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
Quote by xifr
Actually no, the intention is that you mature during your ban time. Also, that is not why you were banned, you've been warned 3 times, and then had multiple accounts. Nice you tried to say something useful, but unfortunately for you, it came too late.

hahahaha no way- im actually contributing quite a lot to the forum lately.

ahh well, life goes on lol
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

dude, uber metal is one of the best metal distort pedals out there. if your getting shit tone, thats not its fault. you need to fiddle with the knobs untill you get what you want. it doesnt necessarily correspond to your amp settings, even though their both called "insane". also, if your amp is on clean, its settings matter as well.

and whoever said that the mt-2 is better than the uber metal needs his head examined...