I want a metal guitar, I have around 450$ to spend, and I was planning on buying an Jackson JS-30 Kelly, but i want some other suggestions.
My current rig:
Samick Strat
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox DA-5
Samick 80 watts amp (Doesn't sound good though)
Zoom 505
Boss DS-2
:stickpoke
A metal looking guitar, I dont want any teles, strats or anythng like that.
My current rig:
Samick Strat
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox DA-5
Zoom 505
Boss DS-2
I'm English, so I had to get that converted, so you've got about £230.00. In my opinion, looking at your setup, I think you should buy a decent metal-sounding amp if what you're looking for is metal tone. My suggestion is:

> Jackson JS30 Dinky [My Guitar]

great metal sounding guitar at £180.00 ($350.00ish) Nice Jackson brand EMG-like pickups on it.

> Roland Cube 20w /30w /60w

Dont know what power you're looking for, but these Cubes pack some punch - R-Flier is a mock - up of the famous Mesa Boogie Rectifier, as used by Metallica.

But maybe you've already got a budget for an amp, I don't know.
^Actually, i have about 300£, a mistake from my side.
My current rig:
Samick Strat
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox DA-5
Zoom 505
Boss DS-2
I have a JS30 Dinky.. It's not as bad as some people say it is. It's not anything special but you won't get an amazing guitar for 300 bucks.

Look into the Ibanez RG321, thats a nice one too, The pickups are worse IMO.

Oh and I also have the Cube 30x, amazing amp for bedroom kinda stuff. Mine can bearly compete with drums though. If you are going to play with a band get something bigger, but the Cube 30x is amazing for bedroom stuff. All the effects and settings are really nice.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

the ESP LTD F Series has helped me out throughout my career. but i'd suggest for a pure metal guitar an AXE Signature. the 50 is about 450-500 bucks
Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo

LIVETODIE180

Oure fader that art in heuenis halowid be thi name ...

Looking for a singer, bassist, drummer, and rythem guitarist. PM me if your interested.
Ibanez RG 321MH + pup change.

I used mine for metal.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
so you have $600 now? I like my Ibanez S520EX. however you should definately try some out before you buy.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
I've got the js-30 kelly, it's not bad for the price (for an extra 100 bucks you could go for the KE3 kelly from www.musiciansfriend.com, although I haven't played a KE3 to tell you if it's worth the extra money or not)
musicians friend is also having a sale on ESP guitars, so you might want to check that out, too
^You americans are lucky, in Sweden the Ke3 cost twice as much as the JS-30.
My current rig:
Samick Strat
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox DA-5
Zoom 505
Boss DS-2
Quote by sgtsniff
^You americans are lucky, in Sweden the Ke3 cost twice as much as the JS-30.

I meant $100 above the max. price of $600, not $100 more than the js series one.
the ke3 still costs nearly double the js-30-ke here as well

edit: I thought you said you had $600 to spend from reading PlayTheMetal's post, but now that I realize you've got $450, I'd recommend the js-30 kelly
Last edited by james4 at Feb 28, 2007,
yeah unfortunatly guitar are expensive if you want the to last. so i suggest any guitar you're fond of and by either

A: a copy of the original for less.

or

B: a cheaper guitar of the same manufacturer
Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo

LIVETODIE180

Oure fader that art in heuenis halowid be thi name ...

Looking for a singer, bassist, drummer, and rythem guitarist. PM me if your interested.
Quote by sgtsniff
^Actually, i have about 300£, a mistake from my side.

^ = $600

Edit: about
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Get a Godin Freeway Classic, you might not have ever heard of Godin but Me and 2 people i know who are very advanced players in serious bands have the same guitar.. H-S-H and you can get the Freeway Floyd with the floyd rose.. Both great guitars..
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett