I've been looking around for a versatile head & cab combo..
Let's just have Opeth as an example, basicly I'm looking for an amp which can go from full out high gain death metal to sparkly cleans, beautiful tones and crisp accoustic sounds - like Opeth.
I found the Laney GH50L, I also believe it's the head that Opeth use themselves.
So basicly, will it handle my needs? Would I need an OD pedal?
Bands I like to play: Opeth, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, Emperor, Lamb of God, Metallica, Old Man's Child

Opinions pleaseeeeeee.
I believe opeth use boss gt units into the effects return of there laneys.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
I was thinking that but I also have a Boss GT-8 :P they use a GT-6 I believe but not much difference..
Quote by CyanideChris
I've been looking around for a versatile head & cab combo..
Let's just have Opeth as an example, basicly I'm looking for an amp which can go from full out high gain death metal to sparkly cleans, beautiful tones and crisp accoustic sounds - like Opeth.
I found the Laney GH50L, I also believe it's the head that Opeth use themselves.
So basicly, will it handle my needs? Would I need an OD pedal?
Bands I like to play: Opeth, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, Emperor, Lamb of God, Metallica, Old Man's Child

Opinions pleaseeeeeee.

You may need an Od pedal to cover some of the stuff... But it should do Opeth fine, considering they used the Laney on Ghost Reveries.

Considering you're based in Scotland, I recommed using GAK educational website if you're a student, they sell everything with a bit of a discount, you have to discuss with them. I'f you're not a student then they wont let you buy from there unless you're a teacher.

EDIT: Considering you're exactly 1 day older then me, you're most likely gonna be able to get the discount. Say you're doing a music course and you need it for school
Quote by Untitled001
You may need an Od pedal to cover some of the stuff... But it should do Opeth fine, considering they used the Laney on Ghost Reveries.

Considering you're based in Scotland, I recommed using GAK educational website if you're a student, they sell everything with a bit of a discount, you have to discuss with them. I'f you're not a student then they wont let you buy from there unless you're a teacher.

EDIT: Considering you're exactly 1 day older then me, you're most likely gonna be able to get the discount. Say you're doing a music course and you need it for school

Wow thanks for that. Yeah that's awsome man ;D I'm a student yeah, I'm doing music standard grade just now aswell :P my dad is also a teacher in a college but he teaches PE, do you mean he'd need to be a music teacher or just any teacher in general?
But yeah thanks a lot for that
Quote by CyanideChris
Wow thanks for that. Yeah that's awsome man ;D I'm a student yeah, I'm doing music standard grade just now aswell :P my dad is also a teacher in a college but he teaches PE, do you mean he'd need to be a music teacher or just any teacher in general?
But yeah thanks a lot for that

No problem, man...

Well if he's a teacher it's good enough. I was slightly pissed about that new site though, just opened up a month after getting my new amp for about £50 more than it is now >.<

Take a look at some of the Mesa Boogie's... HUGE discounts on them. Yet they are way too expensive anyway
Quote by Untitled001
No problem, man...

Well if he's a teacher it's good enough. I was slightly pissed about that new site though, just opened up a month after getting my new amp for about £50 more than it is now >.<

Take a look at some of the Mesa Boogie's... HUGE discounts on them. Yet they are way too expensive anyway

Unlucky haha :P
Lmao yeah I was looking at them.. *dreams on*
Thanks again (Y)
Quote by CyanideChris
Unlucky haha :P
Lmao yeah I was looking at them.. *dreams on*
Thanks again (Y)

Always glad to help