Page 1 of 2
Argh! It realy annoys me when Im in England, and i try to buy something with a Scottish fiver or tenner. The check-out assistant looks at you like you're a terrorist when you hand over a note wi Rabby Burns on the front!! Holds it up to the light to find a water mark! and even when it says Sterling, and has the water mark, im told that "The shop doesnt accept this money"........ FUCK YOU!!! argh... i hate it. I work in a shop, and it can get confusing, but only if your hung over or someone hands over irish money. BUT its still sterling! its still the same currency... just cos the Ten pound note is green!!! GRRRRRRRRR!!!!

[/Rant]

*ahem* just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
Land of my high endeavor,
Land of the shining river,
Land of my heart forever,
Scotland the brave
You people have money up there?!

EDIT: Came out slightly wrong, I meant you have different money?
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Last edited by loonyguitarist at Feb 28, 2007,
They are obliged to accept the money. Just be firm with them.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by cagnius
They are obliged to accept the money. Just be firm with them.

yes... but not too firm, as i found out hard way...

btw, Scotland Money pwns English money...

Scotland the brave
yea i was in london last week... luckily brixton academy accepted all my scottish tenners!
Burn the shop To the ground!!!

Then have a wild drunken party on its remains!
the scottish notes are not classed as legal tender, but FOR ****S SAKE WHY DO YOU NOT ACCEPT THE MONEY JUST BECAUSE IT LOOKS A BIT DIFFERENT, IT HAS THE SAME VALUE

/anger

scots pwn
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Quote by fire within
the scottish notes are not classed as legal tender, but FOR ****S SAKE WHY DO YOU NOT ACCEPT THE MONEY JUST BECAUSE IT LOOKS A BIT DIFFERENT, IT HAS THE SAME VALUE

/anger

scots pwn

It is legal tender.
Quote by cagnius
It is legal tender.

well whenever have gone abroad i have been told that it isnt accepted as it isnt ENGLISH money, even though it is sterling
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Quote by fire within
well whenever have gone abroad i have been told that it isnt accepted as it isnt ENGLISH money, even though it is sterling

Trust me, it is legal tender.

The only reason they don't accept it is that it takes longer to process.
Quote by The Lunatic
yes... but not too firm, as i found out hard way...

btw, Scotland Money pwns English money...

they look totally fake

i wouldn't fuking accept them
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by cagnius
It is legal tender.

Technically, they don't have to accept ANY money.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Technically, they don't have to accept ANY money.

If they are selling goods, they must. Otherwise, it isn't a 'sale' - it would be barter.
I've used some Irish notes in a shop before. They spent about 5 minutes making sure it was alright to accept.
Quote by skater dan0
they look totally fake

i wouldn't fuking accept them

Nowu fukin know to accept them cos they're not fake... if u realy want to test fakeabuility, use a counterfit pen... dont be a douche cos ur ignorant.
Scotland the brave
Quote by The Lunatic
Nowu fukin know to accept them cos they're not fake... if u realy want to test fakeabuility, use a counterfit pen... dont be a douche cos ur ignorant.

Oh God, speak english, please...
I've had quite a lot of scottish money, never had a problem.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
It would be amusing to try and use a £100 pound note in England...

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by cagnius
Oh God, speak english, please...

[/Dumfries and Galloway colloquialism]

["proper" english]

*ahem* - Now you know to accept them, for they are not fake. If one realy wants to test the "fake-ability" of any notes, use a counterfit pen (which leaves a visible mark on the paper when fake)... dont be a fucking douche just because you're ignorant.

[/"proper" english]
Scotland the brave
Quote by The Lunatic

["proper" english]

*ahem* - Now you know to accept them, for they are not fake. If one realy wants to test the "fake-ability" of any notes, use a counterfit pen (which leaves a visible mark on the paper when fake)... dont be a fucking douche just because you're ignorant.

[/"proper" english]

Much appreciated.
Quote by cagnius
Much appreciated.

welcome

-x-

Scotland the brave
I honestly don't know what the problem is in England. In Northern Ireland we accept Northern Bank notes, Bank of England and Bank of Scotland... They're all Sterling, you silly c*nts.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Well, I think most people in England are ignorant of the existence of such notes, and thus will automatically think the potential buyer is trying to play silly buggers with them.

I never knew about this until this thread.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
I work in a small village shop and we don't accept Scottish notes due to the large number of forgeries that are around. Don't ask me, that's just the policy of the shop owners.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
In Carlisle theres loads of Scottish money about and they never have a problem but once you get to the south of england you meet some right arrogant pricks. I remember when i was young i went on a small holiday to Devon and they wouldn't accept some of my pocket money which i saved up, which was mostly Scottish notes.
I used to receive money from my Scottish relatives on my birthday, so obviously since they lived in Scotland they sent Scottish notes. It used to piss me off so bad when people would be like 'Where did you get this?' and 'Can you use this?' The number of times somebody went to get the manager to ask about it was unbelievable. Argh!
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by The Lunatic

["proper" english]

[/"proper" english]

Quote by Dinkydaisy
I used to receive money from my Scottish relatives on my birthday, so obviously since they lived in Scotland they sent Scottish notes. It used to piss me off so bad when people would be like 'Where did you get this?' and 'Can you use this?' The number of times somebody went to get the manager to ask about it was unbelievable. Argh!

true story. On the flip side, however, I always got nice, new, crisp, recently exchanged English bank notes from the Dutch side of my family
Quote by FrenchyFungus
It would be amusing to try and use a £100 pound note in England...

You Scots have £100 notes?

I knew they existed I told them all but they never listened... bah

New avatar also? Eh?

Cheers.
Irish Southeners have EUR500 notes...and think they can pay with them up in the North. Yeah, dead on.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

christ iv struggled to use a scottish £50 note in scotland, in the dumfries hospital they have tvs that you pay to watch but the ****in things dont take scottish £5 notes yet the hospital and machine is in scotland, wonder what **** whit thought that one up?
Quote by Child In Time
I honestly don't know what the problem is in England. In Northern Ireland we accept Northern Bank notes, Bank of England and Bank of Scotland... They're all Sterling, you silly c*nts.

Its the fact that most the time when i try to spend scottish notes in england, they think its "Foriegn" money and go all shitey...
Scotland the brave
Quote by The Lunatic

holy shit chill out man i'm just saying they don't look real so if somwone handed me one i'd be suspicious about wether or not to accept it.

how am i being ignorant? my opinion on the matter differs to yours. thats all i never said that scottish cash isn't legal tender.

so don't be a douche cos you can't read properly or type for that matter
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
holy shit chill out man i'm just saying they don't look real so if somwone handed me one i'd be suspicious about wether or not to accept it.

how am i being ignorant? my opinion on the matter differs to yours. thats all i never said that scottish cash isn't legal tender.

so don't be a douche cos you can't read properly or type for that matter

Also, the money you saw, technically, wasn't real - it is a graphic of the money displayed on a computer monitor, thus it isn't 'real' money.

However, I can assure you that the notes themselves look as authentic as anyother currency denomination.
Quote by sofubar
You Scots have £100 notes?

I knew they existed I told them all but they never listened... bah

New avatar also? Eh?

Cheers.

Yes, yes we do

And yeah, only a temp av though

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
DON'T YOU DARE SLAG OFF SCOTTISH MONEY!

the scots made it <333

it's the fault of us english for not accepting their wonderful scottish banknotes.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
We also still have £1 notes.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Page 1 of 2