ok so im looking at getting a new amp for my epiphone sg-g400 preferably somthing $500 or less i was looking at some solid state half stacks (Randall and Crate). I want somthing with enough power to play some small gigs with but also has a nice sound and tone to it.

~any ideas?
Peavey ValveKing 112 Combo - $450

I have the 212 and I love it!

112 will be plenty loud for gigs.
Quote by Metal-X
But last time I cranked my amp up. A small bird flew by at the same time I did a pinch harmonic.... and it exploded....

Too Late
Quote by sumfears
Peavey ValveKing 112 Combo - $450

I have the 212 and I love it!

112 will be plenty loud for gigs.

I have the 112 and second this. Look used, though. You can probably get a better deal on it, too. I got mine for $250. Amazing amp, especially with an SG.

Quote by beeboshain
marshall dfx 100

stay the hell away from this at all costs. If it says marshall and you're paying less than $700, it's going to suck. That's a general rule, and there are exceptions, but still. MG sucks if you have $500 to spend.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
fender blues junior is like 400 i think. i use a fender hot rod deluxe which is like 600, but i absolutely love it. i has plenty of drive for ac/dc, and with the right stomp box you could get heavier. and i can usualy play a gig with teh volume on 3.