Does anybody know of a cheapish dealer of Krank amps in the UK or if not Krank, any other decnet metal amp??
I wouldn't associate the words "Krank" and "decent".

Now "Krank" and "Waste of money", that's a bit closer to reality.

I'm saving up for an Engl amp right now. Imo the "Engl Powerball" is the best amp for metal I have ever heard. Then again, I'm referring to Death Metal so I guess it depends on what genre of Metal you play.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
I wouldn't associate the words "Krank" and "decent".

Now "Krank" and "Waste of money", that's a bit closer to reality.

I'm saving up for an Engl amp right now. Imo the "Engl Powerball" is the best amp for metal I have ever heard. Then again, I'm referring to Death Metal so I guess it depends on what genre of Metal you play.

each to thier own, if he likes and wants krank, its what he has.
soudnsgreat music deal with krank
krank, and riviera, framus,mesa, marshall, bogner..look around!!
Quote by freddaahh
What's bad about Kranks? I'm new to the market, so i need some advice

They are way too expensive for what you get. They are one of those companies that rely on image in order to get aspiring Metal Guitarist's money. So don't get me wrong, there are a few decent Krank amps out there... but they are WAY over-priced and you can get MUCH better for what you spend.

Quote by godofshred
each to thier own, if he likes and wants krank, its what he has.
soudnsgreat music deal with krank
krank, and riviera, framus,mesa, marshall, bogner..look around!!

I'm not trying to cut him down... I'm only trying to help him out by stopping him from making, what imo, is a bad purchase. If he is really dead set on going with a Krank then that's his business, but this is how I feel.
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Feb 28, 2007,
Quote by godofshred
tbh, kranks can be made to sound fantastic. i mean really nice. its all taste.
i know somone who likes his krank more than his 5150!

True, tone is all preference. To each his own I guess
speaking of krank amps, they have a factory or their main office here in Arizona. They have several local bands on the artist endorsement list.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
I agree that Kranks are shit amps. I played the Krankenstein and it was lame.

If you want a metal amp I say look at ENGL or Mesa/boogie. ENGL Powerball is the best amp I've ever played through. Killer metal tones. More gain than you'll ever use. Plus it's extremely versatile and has really nice warm cleans.
DO NOT BUY KRANK!!

I would buy a Laney or an ENGL powerball for metal in the UK. Also, Bogner might be decent in their distribution.
I absolutely LOVE my Krank revolution 2X12 combo

I had it side-by-side with my Mesa triple recto, and everyone agreed the tone was more desireable out of the Krank

I actually know 2 people that sold their dual-rectos to get a Krank, so don't listen to the haters
mydadisjewish = avatar stealer
wtf is this doing in GB&C?! Moved.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
sounds great in manchester do krank, as already suggested, as do machinehead in hitchin, north london.

be warned, imo they're terrible. You can do much better for the same price, or even less.

engl, framus, mesa, peavey, koch, cornford, soldano, vht, etc., etc., are all worth a look.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a Krank Rev and love it.
I would'nt listen too these twats on here!!
Tone is a personal choice, if someone uses krank then thats what they want! Tell DIme you think his amp is ****, would love to see him shove a dean up your ass!!

I would avoid mesa dual recs, cos they ARE ****, IMO......Powerballs are awesome the other guitarist in my band uses one, but i dont like his tone. Mesa's are a completely overpriced. Randalls are cheap transistor rubbish.

As for dealers, soundsgreat still stock em, machinehead dont at the mo, (where i got mine) and place in frome, somerset and bideford guitars. thats it. Really hard to find em.
Make your own choice with your own ears....... Good luck!
fail.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure