Pentatonic minor, and I always like blues for rock music, just gives it that little bit of extra depth when you hit a blues note occasionally.
songs: Left Behind choices
Quote by MadClownDisease
Well I can top you all, I've done my mum, my step brother AND a cat. As well as quite a few corpses.
Need a little help with the major scale. Im finding 2 diferent websites that are giving me 2 different minor scales.

the first one is telling me that it is WHWWWWH and it looks something like this: (1=root)
| 1 | -- | 2 | 3 | -- |
| 5 | -- | 6 | -- | 7 |
| 3 | -- | 4 | -- |
| -- | 7 | 1 | -- | 2 |
| 5 | -- | 5 | -- | 6 |
| 1 | -- | 2 | 3 | -- |

Then there is another one that says it is WHWWHWW and looks something like this: (1=root)
| 1 | -- | 2 | 3 | -- |
| 5 | 6 | -- | 7 | -- |
| 3 | -- | 4 | -- |
| 7 | -- | 1 | -- | 2 |
| 4 | -- | 5 | 6 | -- |
| 1 | -- | 2 | 3 | -- |

Which is correct?
Last edited by grapeflavor at Mar 2, 2007,
The first one you posted is the Melodic minor scale. The second is the Natural minor scale.

I suggest you just learn the notes in the scales and make your own patterns if you must. But learn the notes. Scales are not positions; they are notes!
It depends on what sound you're going for. They each have their uses, but I would start out with the Natural minor first. I don't listen to any punk music though, but I'm just assuming they don't use melodic minor much lol.