I play metal and sometimes clean it up a bit for some AC/DC type or even Oasis, although those two aren't major priority.

So far I've seen a Schecter Hellraiser, and an LTD EC-1000, both come with active EMG's, which I realise wouldn't be great with cleans, but meh.

I've also been toying with the idea or an Epiphone Zakk Wylde or an Ibanez Iceman.

Also, a cheap-ish Gibson, worth it? Compared to those guitars, would an affordable Gibson be A) Possible, B) Worth it in comparison?

My budget is around £600, can be stretched though...
Funny words.
I would go with something like a Gibson sg special faded. its cheap for a gibson, but still does the job pretty well. The best advice I could give you is to play all three guitars and pick which one feels the best. A nice sounding guitar is worthless if you don't enjoy playing it.
if you like metal i'd go for an ESP LTD but gibson is not a metal guitar. and i personally am sick and tired of them lol
Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo

LIVETODIE180

Oure fader that art in heuenis halowid be thi name ...

Looking for a singer, bassist, drummer, and rythem guitarist. PM me if your interested.
^ Dude, you can easily make a Gibson VERY METAL! Threadstarter, in this case, I would go for something else for the reason that you don't have a large enough budget to make getting a Gibson worth your while. Many of the high end guitars from other companies kick the shit out of cheap Gibbys. Both the Hellraiser and the EC1000 are excellent guitars (except for cleans:P) so choose what you feel more comfortable playing (cause they are very different in that respect).
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix