i just had two pickups installed in my guitar and i noticed that one of them doesnt really line up with the strings but the other pickup does. they are both dimarzios and are regular spaced, not F spaced. do yall think maybe the guitar tech installed one of them wrong or is it possible for a guitar to require regular spaced pickup in neck and F spaced in bridge?

p.s. i have an epiphone LP.
It shouldn't really matter, unless you can tell that a string is obviously quieter than the others or something.
Quote by james4
i think you mean he poles on the pickups... pots are what's underneath the volume/ tone knobs.
Is it almost lined up, but just off by a hair, or is it way off?

its off by quite a bit... the bottom 3 poles are between the strings but the top pole is almost lined up... its weird.

edit: i would take a picture of it but i took the guitar back and had the guitar tech try to fix it. the reason why i am asking about it on here is because i am hoping i dont have to return the pickups and get a new one because i ordered them on musiciansfriend.com.
Last edited by Ryank285 at Feb 28, 2007,
Quote by fredthecat
It shouldn't really matter, unless you can tell that a string is obviously quieter than the others or something.

actually, it does matter if the poles dont match up with the strings... it affects the tone.
Quote by Ryank285
its off by quite a bit... the bottom 3 poles are between the strings but the top pole is almost lined up... its weird.

edit: i would take a picture of it but i took the guitar back and had the guitar tech try to fix it. the reason why i am asking about it on here is because i am hoping i dont have to return the pickups and get a new one because i ordered them on musiciansfriend.com.

I can't really think of an explination for that. hopefully it's just the way they were put in and you didn't get the wrong pups or something
hopefully the guitar tech can fix it.
If you've got an F-spaced pickup on a Les Paul there's your problem right there. F-spacing is 51.5mm, Les Pauls are standard spaced which is 48mm....you bought the wrong pickup, simple as.

[Edit] Read your post PROPERLY this time! Check that the pickups are level, if there at a severe angle then the spacing will look off. If they are just raise/lower accordingly.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com