Page 2 of 4
I love Microcastle. But I was really floored by Weird Era Cont. which is obviously quite different. It's an excellent album. 'Operation' is so hypnotic.
I love the retro influences mixed with the shoegazy stuff. 'Fluorescent Grey' is in the same vein, worth checking out.
"Dot Gain" is one of the best songs in the whole wide world. Especially when it gets all dreamy towards the end.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Quote by ezears
I love Microcastle. But I was really floored by Weird Era Cont. which is obviously quite different. It's an excellent album. 'Operation' is so hypnotic.
I love the retro influences mixed with the shoegazy stuff. 'Fluorescent Grey' is in the same vein, worth checking out.

oh, Operation. if only they had played then when i saw them.
;( I wish bands like this came over here.
But of yay, we're getting Rise Against next month!!!!111 -_-
*sigh*
Just got the Fluorescent Grey EP. It's really great. The most consistent thing I've heard from Deerhunter. Every song is brilliant.
I gave it another try a few weeks back, and I've totally changed my mind. I can't stop listening now.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
really looking forward to Rainwater Cassette Exchange. i don't think that these guys can disappoint.
Is it coming out on mass release? I thought it was limited to something like 200.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
i'm pretty sure that it isn't limited release, but i can't actually find anywhere to preorder it.
oops, I was thinking of something else...
http://www.4ad.com/features/deerhunter/

I was going to see them at the Deaf Institute in Manchester, but mum wouldn't let me because it was a school night... Anyone going?
CuSO4

Last edited by Hereiwas at May 17, 2009,
I saw them a few nights ago. They were amazing.

Anyone else heard Rainwater Cassette Exchange? I got it on tape. It's so damn good, I can't stop listening to it.
When are they next touring does anyone know?
CuSO4

i don't think that they are going to be touring for a while. hopefully that means that they are going back to the studio.

i did, however, see them two weeks ago on a one-off date with Boredoms. really good, but by the time Boredoms took the stage, i had forgotten that Deerhunter had even played.
CuSO4

saw 'em last night!!! holy crap, it was AMAZING. bradford cox is basically my new idol, it was one of the best live shows i've ever seen. Spoon came on next, but I left early, it kinda seemed to me like they were more "angsty" than they used to be, and I was missing their fun sound.
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
I know, right? I saw them last Friday with Spoon. Deerhunter was amazing, of course, but their set was so short. And then Spoon played a pretty disappointing set, although it was chronological which was cool.

But yeah. I want to see Deerhunter when they're headlining, so they can play more than eight songs.
Quote by K-Lizzle
I know, right? I saw them last Friday with Spoon. Deerhunter was amazing, of course, but their set was so short. And then Spoon played a pretty disappointing set, although it was chronological which was cool.

But yeah. I want to see Deerhunter when they're headlining, so they can play more than eight songs.

Me too!! Although they played almost everything I wanted to hear, except Strange Lights, which is my favorite song. I had tickets to see them again tonight as well, but I'm still in high school and my parents vetoed 2 concerts in a row, so I had to sell 'em unfortunately. The thing that really turned me off Spoon's set was that they started out with Britt coming onstage alone with an acoustic for the first couple songs. To me that made it seem like it was all him, and the other guys were just backing him up. Total opposite of what a band should be like, I think.
Quote by RATM forever
Ohhhh I would have loved for them to play "Strange Lights." Or "Neither Of Us, Uncertainly" or "Cryptograms" or "Dot Gain" or "VHS Dream." They opened with "Hazel St." though, which was pretty awesome. And then they closed with the ten-minute version of "Calvary Scars" and me and my friends were singing along with the "ahhhhhhhhh" part and it was great.
I guess it does mean that. : (. What's the password?
CuSO4

i found the track on hypemachine, i'm sure it is still someplace out there.

first review for the album popped up. word is that the whole thing is a little less guitar heavy than Microcastle.
i am unclear as to where that name came from.

waiting on listening until it arrives in the physical. i've been frustratingly pedantic about this lately.
halcyon digest is ****ing awesome
Quote by RATM forever
Quote by uhh_me?

waiting on listening until it arrives in the physical. i've been frustratingly pedantic about this lately.

I'm waiting too. I feel really dirty when I listen to music before the release date.
CuSO4