Page 3 of 4
Quote by uhh_me?
ok. i can listen now. it arrived.

How come? I thought it wasn't released until the 27th?
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by uhh_me?
i dunno. maybe 4AD/Matador/Beggar's just think that i am pretty great.

That's a handy little theory to have.

Do you like it?
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
on my third listen now. gets better each time.

great little Everly Brothers reference in "Basement Scene".

word is that there are a couple japanese bonus tracks out there, as well. gonna see if i can search them out.
Quote by James McShred
Helicopter is delicious.

the video may be one of the best examples of a song and a video fitting together perfectly.
top five record of 2010. so glad this came out when it did.

does anybody else hate the ending though? i mean seriously, it just needed 1 or 2 more seconds to properly finish and it would've been perfect. now it just seems like i got a bad rip or something... ugh, frustrating.
<3 u
right? at first i was also bothered by it, but now...

what is the general consensus on Turn It Up? to me, there are a lot of good ideas, but it tends to be a bit cluttered. also a terrible title.

and going through the thread to see if the above had been discussed, i found pictures that i had taken, including the pedal board one. totally forgot about that.
Quote by uhh_me?

what is the general consensus on Turn It Up? to me, there are a lot of good ideas, but it tends to be a bit cluttered. also a terrible title.

You mean Turn It Up ******? I like it, though I only really remember Tech School. But I know what you mean about it being cluttered. It feels kind of slanted, if you know what I mean.

I just got Halcyon Digest, and I thought it was pretty good. I don't know what people mean by it not being wall to wall guitars though. It sounds almost classic rocky to me.
The backstory to Helicopter is super sad.
CuSO4

yes, i mean that. the last word is what makes it an awful title. otherwise it would be merely bad.
New album is sweet. How cool is Desire lines when it whigs out at the end and that awesome climbing guitar riff before.
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
Halcyon Digest May be my AOTY. Really nice stuff.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Woo, Parallax just arrived for me. I got the 7" too. I'm going to go listen.
CuSO4

I only like 3 Deerhunter songs, and I hope to add more. Here they are:

Cryptograms
Agoraphobia
Revival

Care to suggest more?
All of them, dude.

but uhh... Vox Humana, Vox Celeste and Focus group from Weird Era Cont. NOthing Ever Happened from Microcastle. Hazel St and Heatherwood from Cryptograms. Coronado from Halcyon Digest.

I really liked Parralax. I've only listened once but I think Hagstaff and Lightworks are my favourites, though the collage inbetween them wasn't so fantastic. Do you think he means what he sings in The Shakes? Seems a bit sad...
CuSO4

All of them, dude.

but uhh... Vox Humana, Vox Celeste and Focus group from Weird Era Cont. NOthing Ever Happened from Microcastle. Hazel St and Heatherwood from Cryptograms. Coronado from Halcyon Digest.

I really liked Parralax. I've only listened once but I think Hagstaff and Lightworks are my favourites, though the collage inbetween them wasn't so fantastic. Do you think he means what he sings in The Shakes? Seems a bit sad...
CuSO4

Am I the only person who really, really likes Turn it Up Faggot?

I mean, it's not my favorite album of theirs, but I still think it's absolutely excellent.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Dec 13, 2011,
I like it.
CuSO4

Cryptograms is still probably their best. it takes a few listens to click, but it makes sense very suddenly.
So Carve Your Initials Into the Wall of the Night is rad as hell discuss.

Also ^ Crytograms is definitely fantastic
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Apr 9, 2012,
Halcyon digest is the best Deerhunter and related album so far.

I liked Parallax a fair bit too. Microcastle is a bit better though.
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Cryptograms is my favourite. I think everything they are putting out is probably getting worse each time, which isn't to say i don't like it, or that it isn't great. But what it is to say is that I really didn't like parallax. Logos for evvs.

Yeah, Carve Your Initials is super cool and you've reminded me to re-download it! I really like Dogs Are Cool, i think.
CuSO4

I don't think they'll top Halcyon for me.
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Quote by Hereiwas
Cryptograms is my favourite. I think everything they are putting out is probably getting worse each time, which isn't to say i don't like it, or that it isn't great. But what it is to say is that I really didn't like parallax. Logos for evvs.

Yeah, Carve Your Initials is super cool and you've reminded me to re-download it! I really like Dogs Are Cool, i think.

I like it a lot because it shows how Deerhunter could've become a noisy, soundcollage sort of band like Black Dice or Excepter or something. It'sfun.
Quote by due 07
I totally got diagnosed w/ marfan syndrome today.

And you post about it in a Deerhunter thread instead of a Ramones thread?

I see how it is.
You know it never occurred to me that Joey had marfan syndrome. Makes sense.
Quote by crazy8rgood
I like it a lot because it shows how Deerhunter could've become a noisy, soundcollage sort of band like Black Dice or Excepter or something. It'sfun.

I still wish they would revive that kind of stuff. Brad is so classic-rock right now.
A collab with Black Dice would be amazing.

Quote by crazy8rgood
Oooooooooh that explains a lot how did I never notice that

so did Robert Johnson.

Are you going to change musc, due?
CuSO4

Last edited by Hereiwas at Apr 13, 2012,