i need a good distortion pedal. i play like emanuel, yellowcard, paramore, spill canvas, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, and those types of bands. got any suggestions? i dont want an "affordable" one i want quality, but not ridiculouly expensive either.
i have heard good things and bad things about the boss ds-1. but my friend has one and it gets the job done pretty well. also, i tryed out a boss ds-2 and was even better. just get on out their and try some
as much as your willing to spend. i think the ds-1 is 40 or 50 dollars, but im not sure.
Sovtek Big Muff
Dano FAB D1
Both great pedals.
First ones a bit rougher though as it's fuzz.
i have a ds-1. Theyre good if you want hardcore punk, but for softer stuff try getting an overdrive pedal, theyre much cleaner.
Quote by emanuel77
i need a good distortion pedal. i play like emanuel, yellowcard, paramore, spill canvas, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, and those types of bands. got any suggestions? i dont want an "affordable" one i want quality, but not ridiculouly expensive either.

that's kind of an oxymoron, man...

I'd say HBE big D, big range of sounds there. EDIT: what's your current rig?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I suggest cranking your amp. But if you MUST get a pedal, then I'd suggest the Metal Muff or Krank Distortus Maximus (both of which I want).
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
i thought randalls already had pretty good distortion?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?