Tonight I had a very small performance, 6-7 people, PLaying Buckethead's big sur moon into Joe Satriani's The Extremist, I played it perfect (the solo changed to a blues improv into the mystical potato head groove thing solo back into the extremist) anyway I played it perfect but the amp was terrible, I was as good as i could be, pedals were fine (DS-1 and BB-II both good quality pedals) but the amp buzzed, cut some sustained notes as so short you could barely hear them, didnt sustain well enough for the solo, made the solo go all loud and horrible, just all in all sounded crap.

Anyway, as you can see this is a Marshall MG100DFX, I was sort of a beginner when i got this amp so it did, but now i'm in an online band and two potential bands (one is progressing a lot more than the other) and I'm planning on getting an Epi Valve Junior and a Laney 1x12 cab by selling my shoddy MG.

That is all sorry if it was pointless I just wanted to show my hatred for this little [insert swear word]
Get a new amp?

An all tube will do you good.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
yea definately go tube
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
I know to go tube i'm not retarded!

I was going to get a laney combo but i'd prefer the VJ for now, cheaper and such i'll get a Laney wheni have more money/
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I was going to get a laney combo but i'd prefer the VJ for now, cheaper and such i'll get a Laney wheni have more money/

You can gig with the Laney, you can't with the VJ. If you're close to having enough money for the Laney, you should hold out and get it when you can. You won't regret it.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I'm not close to the laney, and no i won't be gigging, the most i'll be doing is room practice and band practice which the amps are supplied for. So I'm fie with the VJ for now.
is the VJ suitable for the music you play, though? it's very classic rock (and not much heavier).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The VJ would be fine for now, I can spruce it up with pedals, plus I'm mainly classic rock really, it only needs to get as heavy as black sabbath which wouldnt be hard and i'm perfect, I'm a very bluesy, classic influenced guy, and anything that i'd compose would be blues/classic sounding.
^ sounds good. I forgot you had some pedals already.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?