Ok, I was wondering what is a Locking Tremelo Bar?

And what other kind of tremmy bar is there?

And which one is better?

And..

I have an Epi Les Paul Junior and It has a regular bridge on it...Dunno how to explain it..

But anyways, the regular stock bridge is still on it, and I was wondering, is it possible to put a new bridge on it? If so would I be able to do it (I really wanna learn how to fix up guitars and stuff) (But ima noob at it) Or would I have to have a pro do it?

Thx for yur time....
you mean your epi has a tune o matic. there are other bridges that dont lock, but go out of tune after a while, like the strat ones. you could put a trem on it, but it would require a router, id say take it to a pro. routing it will get rid of some wood, which could ruin the tone. a locking trem is one with a locking nut and fine tuners, i think.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
tuneomatic is a bridge like yours, which has a stop bar tailpiece, where you put the strings through. routing is taking a router and making a hole in the wood for the trem. a locking nut is something you put on your guitar to lock the strings and keeps them in the same tuning. fine tuners are litle tuners at the bridge, you can tune your guitar from there when you have a locking nut on it.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
cool. i just hope you understood that. you did, didnt you?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
kk, what are the bits you dont understand?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Lol, alot fo the stuff you need explained would be a big long paragraph i guess.. just google it and stuff or check guitar sites.. and yeah routing is cutting or routing with a router.. a hole for the trem.. you need to mainly do that for a FR ( Floyd Rose ) and a lokcing nut is on the FR.. it locks the strings at the nut.. the nut.. is where the strings go through at the head of your guitar.. the head of your guitar.. no jk.. but yeah thats it
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett