Page 1 of 3
Not to be racist, but a lot of protests that you see in the middle east are along the lines of "*angry shouting**automatic rifles being fired into the air*"

Now I've always wondered two things:

1) What this thing about firing rifles into the air?

and

2) Since a lot of these protests and riots take place during the daytime, do the protesters not have jobs? Do they get time off?
Quote by shav0r
Not to be racist, but a lot of protests that you see in the middle east are along the lines of "*angry shouting**automatic rifles being fired into the air*"

Meant to scare the people they are protesting against.

2) Since a lot of these protests and riots take place during the daytime, do the protesters not have jobs? Do they get time off?

Don't think too hard, you'll hurt yourself.
maybe that is their job?

bet you never thought of that.
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
Quote by shav0r

and

1) because its hilarious

2) it is their job
im pretty sure most terrorists do this. its not just the islamic ones. there isnt a passage in the qu'ran that says "you must fire your rifle in the air when you are terrorising"
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Sometimes they do it for Celebration too... doesn't make much sense to me.

"I'm gonna kick your ass, I'm having a bad day." is the same as "I'm gonna kick your ass, everything's great!"
Quote by shav0r

Don't be silly. They use their lunch breaks.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Stop watching the news.
Oppression, quiet and Repressed
Swept under the seams
the bed of the acquiesced
where we sleep, insomniac dreams
1. have you ever fired a spud-gun straight up? no, i didnt think so. try ftw, and youll se why they do it
2. its their job, original, i know
hendrix was overrated and grohl is better in food fighters than in nirvana
Quote by Hells_Bell
Don't be silly. They use their lunch breaks.

Holly shit how I never thought about that ?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

If you want to know about bullets fired up in the air and killing people check this out:

http://kwc.org/mythbusters/2006/04/episode_50_bullets_fired_up_vo.html

As for how the protesters are there this is what happens. When a protest is called for (and they schedule these things) everyone around gathers and does their shouting thing. Once the cameras go off people just leave. This was documented once when the main camera for a news agency came around and starting shooting footage. When people knew the camera was on they all gathered and started the protest. Once the camera stopped filming people just left. I saw this once as there was another camera filming at the time. Really funny. Apparently this happens all the time.
It's an attempt by uncivilized people to make a point. Kind of like when cavemen hit their clubs on rocks and trees to attract attention.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by GiantRaven
I wanna know how many people have been killed by the falling bullets

That was the first thing I thought of when I read the title.
and i love how when that danish cartoon came out
(it was muhammed with a bomb on his head)

they destroyed a mcdonalds and went crazy at the european embassys.
they just proved themselves to be incapable, violent nincompoops....

yes i said nincompoop in a sentence.

edit:
Quote by Mad Marius
It's an attempt by uncivilized people to make a point. Kind of like when cavemen hit their clubs on rocks and trees to attract attention.

my thoughts exactly.
Because, thread starter, those people are bigots and pure idiots. They are about as muslim as you and I and just use it as an excuse to act literally lower than what they would call animals.
Quote by GiantRaven

according to mythbusters im pretty sure u cant be killed by a falling bullet i forgot the outcome of that episode but i think it was busted

but nonetheless it would be hilarious if they killed themselves that way
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
Quote by Mad Marius

Wow, that was what I was trying to say. I hate it when theres kids joining in too, with stupid smirks on their faces. If only they knew about true "muslim values".
1, They're retarded, look at the war thing, if they gave up, we could just eradicate them so they couldn't do it again.

2, This is a racist remark I know, but they're MUSLIM, they don't work, if they do, they kill themselves anyways.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
its got the same answer to "why do people make stupid threads?"

Answer: We just dont know

PSN ID: ArranP
Quote by apmaman
its got the same answer to "why do people make stupid threads?"

Answer: We just dont know

Worth a chuckle mate.
I didn't know shooting guns in the air was all of a sudden terrorist related? Shooting guns in the air and yelling has been used for years whether in protest or celebration. Even armies have done it. So I don't think saying anything about race, religion, or military (yes, terrorist are a form of mililitants) has anything to do with it. It's a human thing.
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
1, They're retarded, look at the war thing, if they gave up, we could just eradicate them so they couldn't do it again.

2, This is a racist remark I know, but they're MUSLIM, they don't work, if they do, they kill themselves anyways.

Yeah, I bet all of them actually have mental problems, I mean, they are Muslims, means they have to be retarded. Good thing you're here, or else we wouldn't have gotten this far in the conversation. You are innovative.
About the falling bullets killing people:

If you fire it near-perfectly strait up, the bullet will loose it's spin as it start to fall back to earth and tumble on the way down, rendering it non-lethal. However, even a small deviation from "strait up" (even that caused accidentally by a shooter attempting to shoot strait up) and the bullet will retain it's spin while traveling in a high parabolic trajectory, and it's terminal velocity will be much higher - well within lethal velocities. This is because a spinning bullet is much more aerodynamic than a tumbling bullet.

^^^Basically a summary of what they said on "mythbusters". Also a good reason why you SHOULD NOT fire bullets into the air.

Also, in some countries (even some people in the USA do it, lol), fireing of guns into the air is done for festive reasons. Of course, this can be just as dangerous as firing your gun into the air for protest reasons .
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
You do military 21 gun salutes and crap don't you?
Grow up.
Originally posted by fuzzybunny
I hereby dub you the UG's new God of Love. Really. That was brilliant.

heh.
Originally posted by someone i can't remember
the one called lukef speaks the truth.
Quote by lukef
You do military 21 gun salutes and crap don't you?
Grow up.

I'm sorry but a bunch of towel.... yeah's, firing illegally bought AK47's isn't the same as the military doing it.
Quote by shav0r

and

1) Because they're mexicans and it's new year

2) I have that job i like to accidently point in the wrong direction and shoot smiley faces in billboards.
They don't just fire guns in the air to celebrate, it's also as a sign of respect to mourn

Quote by GiantRaven

Like when that PLO guy died, can't remember his name...at his funeral something like 27 muslims were killed by falling bullets from all the people shooting in the air.
Quote by Shib

The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
Quote by Friggly
They don't just fire guns in the air to celebrate, it's also as a sign of respect to mourn

Like when that PLO guy died, can't remember his name...at his funeral something like 27 muslims were killed by falling bullets from all the people shooting in the air.

Wow, being Muslim really helped them through life safely.
Actual statistics for causes of death in muslim nations...

10% American bombings
5% Ethnic related combat
6% landmines
96%...falling bullets.
Quote by Shib

The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
Trying to burst the clouds so they can have a slip n' slide.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
hey careful everybody. they'll sucide bomb your local convinience store if your not careful...
Quote by Friggly
Actual statistics for causes of death in muslim nations...

10% American bombings
5% Ethnic related combat
6% landmines
96%...falling bullets.

So muslims have an 117% death rate, now that's ****ing impressive
You're all ****ing idiots.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Page 1 of 3