is there actually any difference between the fender strats ranging from 800 to 3000???????? if there is is it noticible
DONT FEAR THE REAPER!
there is a major difference but usually the difference is heard when you plug it into an amp, seriously try it plug both into an amp and play something simple like stairway to heaven. tell me you don't notice a difference?
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
Your join date is a scar you internet emo!
theres not much of a sonic difference between the $3000 ones and the $5000 ones. often the custom shop will only make 100 of the guitars, then the makes the preice go up because rich collectors want them and they never play em.
so are the lower priced ones still have decent sounds???
DONT FEAR THE REAPER!
The Mexican Strats are great little guitars but they aren't quite as nice tonally as Japanese Strats which aren't quite as nice as American Strats.

That's the general rule anyways, but there's alot of exceptions from guitar to guitar. Generally they feel nicer as you pay more too but you know, you can always find cracking Mexicans and poor Americans. The key is to just play alot of them and follow your fingers and ears.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
the $800 jap strats sound really nice. ive never played one of the highway one or whatever there called. but a mexican one sounds really nice into a good tube amp.
so are the standard and the 60th anniversary strats bothe made in japan or mexico?
DONT FEAR THE REAPER!
yes in mexico.... the 800 dollar ones and up are made in the us... just look for a good made in mexican strat and with a few simple mods it could be just as good as that american strat
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by gregssmirkingre
there is a major difference but usually the difference is heard when you plug it into an amp, seriously try it plug both into an amp and play something simple like stairway to heaven. tell me you don't notice a difference?

I think you can hear a big difference in playing it "acoustically."

To the threadstarter, there are going to be more MIM duds than MIA duds, but you can find great MIMs that are better than dud MIAs.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
I think you can hear a big difference in playing it "acoustically."

Yeh true but for many the main difference is heard in an amp.

anyway if I were you I'd go with an American Strat, I have that and my mate has the mexican, he prefers mine also.
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
Your join date is a scar you internet emo!
There is... I don't want to say major, But it's almost hard not to. Pickups don't make an instrument, But without them you have really bad tone. Woods don't make a sound, But without higher quality grains you lose sustain and tone. Electronics are ALWAYS done better on higher quality guitars ( Full sized pots and mini-pots, Blade and box switches, Etc. ) and that can literally make an instrument. Another thing alot of people don't take into consideration is the set up. My two hundred dollor stagg plays like an SRV strat, Because I spent about one hundred and twenty dollors to get it set up and replace certin key parts ( IT was a AWESOME deal. )
Quote by guitarguy182
do they still make jap strats?

no, buy one used, Like me
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by guitarkid2113
The 800$ one is made in mexico or japan,,, the 3000$ one is made in the US.

But there is tonal differences.

800 would be an american standard on sale
mexicans are 400 and japans are a bit more
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX