So I'm looking to lose a good 30 pounds before Summer. I'm not looking for diet tips, but rather exercise tips. Good exercises that would help me lose weight rather than gain muscle.

Any suggestions?
Poor advice.
you can follow the guaranteed to work rabidguitarist diet. which I use.

> Only eat dinner
> 30 press-ups, 30 sit-ups every morning and night
> drink lots of water
> walk everywhere

I lost 1.5 inches of waistline in 8 weeks.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
you can follow the guaranteed to work rabidguitarist diet. which
> Only eat dinner

I can understand no breakfast... but no... no lunch?
Quote by alexlemon2
I can understand no breakfast... but no... no lunch?

nope.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
EAT THREE FULL MEALS A DAY, ANYTHING LESS IS UNHEALTHY.

Just eat the right things.

And take up jogging, walk places if you can rather than other modes of transport.

Try to cut down on unhealthy snacks and food. I know you said you want exercise tips not diet tips but it'll help.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
dude breaky is the most important meal which gives you energy to burn through out the sday
Just eat healthily and exercise. It's not that bloody difficult.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by rabidguitarist
you can follow the guaranteed to work rabidguitarist diet. which I use.

> Only eat dinner
> 30 press-ups, 30 sit-ups every morning and night
> drink lots of water
> walk everywhere

I lost 1.5 inches of waistline in 8 weeks.

Yeah, that's not healthy either.

You're not going to lose weight unless you build muscle.
The more muscle you build, the more calories you burn.
The more calories you burn over what you take in, the more weight you lose.
I'd suggest lifting weights, but if you don't want to, do body weight excercises.

That is, pushups, situps, body squats, lunges, pullups/chinups, burpies...

And lots and lots of cardio. Start walking. Then jog a bit.
Then start doing 100yard wind sprints.
If you have a track at school, I'd suggest running the 100 yards, walk around the end, and repeat for several miles.

Oh, and stop eating junk food.

30 pounds in 3 months, is do able, but you can't sit there on your ass.

EDIT: Eating 6 times a day is also a very good way to keep your metabolism up so that you keep burning energy. Eat high protein, low complex carbs/sugars food.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
Last edited by rbmason at Feb 28, 2007,
the reason I dont eat, is that im very ugly. If I became overweight aswell, there would be no hope for me, romance-wise, and I would probably end up topping myself.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
I've said this before, I'll say it again

Run

Run

Run

Run

Run

Seriously, cardio is the way to lose weight.

Either run or cycle, or swim if you like, but because of the resistance of water swimming can be a bit of a muscle developer, which isn't really bad, so, yeah.

But running is free.

Run

Run
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Just jog for 1h a day. You're all jsut too fat 'cause you don't do anything of your life. Eat good stuff, do some sport and drink a lot of water. Thats it.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
i know everyone will hate this advice but get your ass away from the computer and out to the gym or jogging cos doing something rather than asking about its gone help you a lot more
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
Your join date is a scar you internet emo!
Quote by JamieB
I've said this before, I'll say it again

Run

Run

Run

Run

Run

Seriously, cardio is the way to lose weight.

Either run or cycle, or swim if you like, but because of the resistance of water swimming can be a bit of a muscle developer, which isn't really bad, so, yeah.

But running is free.

Run

Run

Run?
ok rule number one. eat normally, dont worry about your diet eat what you normally would. go on a atleast 1 jog everyday. go until u cant go anymore, just fight. do a few push ups and sit ups before you go to bed. thats it. works a charm. but you have to do it. if you dont and slack then you won't lose any. its all about ur determination. now jog on!
Quote by Samnung
im gunna rape u

Quote by GuitarManiac09
Stay away you freak....I dont want you spreading your hideous crab population..

METALLICA AT WEMBLEY 08/07/07
Quote by dumps
ok rule number one. eat normally, dont worry about your diet eat what you normally would.

The rest is good, but the kid can't eat whatever he'd normally eat.
He's obviously already fat and that's how he got there.

That'll definately help you get healthier, but you're going to eat more, which will totally neglect what excercise you get.

You gotta cut back on the bad foods (anything in a box) and start eating healthy foods.

Otherwise there's not a snowball's chance that you'll lose much, especially not 30 pounds in that short amount of time.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
Quote by steee21
Run?

Nah, running's for thin people.

Fatties can't go running.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Run...to the hills...run for your life!

Listen to the master(aka: ex-fatass) - I lost 65 pounds doing this:

Large Breakfast, Regular lunch, small carb-free dinner. Plus 3 snacks like Protein Shakes, fruit, yogurt kinda shit. Plenty of vegetables, whey protein, fiber, lots of water. So 5 meals a day - speeds up your metabolism. Should total less then 3000calories. Yeah, finding time to eat 5 times is realy rough - but thought it was worth it.

3days of weight resistance, 3 days of Cardio, 1 day or rest - Ab workout everyday except rest day.

Especially for dudes: just rip it on the weights man, go crazy listen to heavy metal - or whatever gets you pumped.

Ways to cheat and **** up your body:
Creatine and Energy drinks before doin' sets.

Buy a good book on weight resistance stuff, cardio is self explanatory. And maybe a good book about eating healthy in general- just don't buy into anything about "Diets" "Nutrasystem" "Atkins" or any other bullshit.
I lost 60 pounds and all I did was eliminate/extremely limit my sugars and run every day.
With a name like Yakult, it has to be good. Vote Yakult.

Member #11 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie
Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp

Roland Deschain of UG's Heroes and Villains Clubs.
Quote by rbmason
The rest is good, but the kid can't eat whatever he'd normally eat.
He's obviously already fat and that's how he got there.

That'll definately help you get healthier, but you're going to eat more, which will totally neglect what excercise you get.

You gotta cut back on the bad foods (anything in a box) and start eating healthy foods.

Otherwise there's not a snowball's chance that you'll lose much, especially not 30 pounds in that short amount of time.

Whoa, man, I'm not saying I'm fat (190's not fat, right?). I just packed on some excess baggage over the Holidays and want to get rid of it and maybe some more.

The running idea is basically what I've been considering all along. I think I'll head to the local Y and just run until I can't.
Poor advice.
like, saw off a leg or something? a arm would work to but that might screw up your guitar playing just slightly you should probably avoid the head though. some silly scientist have claimed that that isnt good for your health
hendrix was overrated and grohl is better in food fighters than in nirvana
Quote by stellar_legs
I'm not saying I'm fat (190's not fat, right?).

How tall are you?

Quote by KryptNet
Ways to cheat and **** up your body: Creatine and Energy drinks before doin' sets.

Yeah, that's not really correct...

Creatine will not "**** up your body"

What it does is supply your body with more Phosphate so that when ATP is converted to ADP, there are extra P's, so that essentially you have more ATP at disposal, which equals to more energy. The only time it's unhealthy is when you don't drink enough water and it sets on your kidneys.

Energy drinks vary from highly effective to just a waste of $3. I don't take many of them, as I have other supplements that do the same.

The best pre-workout drink is a mix of creatine, with a few simple sugars, and caffeine. That'll really get you pumping.

Quote by stellar_legs
Like, 5'10" or 5'11"

Kinda depends on your body fat, dude. If you're not muscular, that's probably pretty fat. I'm 6'1 and 210, but I'm not a lot of muscle, so I'm pretty fat (i think so anyway). It's not a matter of how tall to how much to weigh, but rather, body fat percent. If you're working out and eating right, weight's not important.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
Last edited by rbmason at Feb 28, 2007,
Run

Yep thats the best there is for losing weight.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by stellar_legs
Whoa, man, I'm not saying I'm fat (190's not fat, right?). I just packed on some excess baggage over the Holidays and want to get rid of it and maybe some more.

The running idea is basically what I've been considering all along. I think I'll head to the local Y and just run until I can't.

-I dont know how much 190 is but I'll assume its about 86,18kg, which seems allright.
Do you have to lose those extra 13,60kg or can you settle on simply reshaping them???
If you have to loose that weight then I'd recommend you continue eating normally and listen to all the others that told you to run or do other fastpaced exercises.

Remember: Trained muscles burn more calories than untrained muscles, even when you are just resting.
Dude 30 from 190? You've got to run! Seriously, you don't even need a treadmill. Just go running. Run (not like sprinting, but a tad faster than a jog) as far away from your house as you can. Then go back. Do this 5/7 days a week.

But how fat that is depends on how tall you are. If you're under six feet, then that's fat. Not like obese, but fat none the less, especially since it sounds like next to none of that is muscle.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by E Daws
Dude 30 from 190? You've got to run! Seriously, you don't even need a treadmill. Just go running. Run (not like sprinting, but a tad faster than a jog) as far away from your house as you can. Then go back. Do this 5/7 days a week.

But how fat that is depends on how tall you are. If you're under six feet, then that's fat. Not like obese, but fat none the less, especially since it sounds like next to none of that is muscle.

Yeah, basically I have a gut I'm trying to get rid of.
Poor advice.
Quote by stellar_legs
Like, 5'10" or 5'11"

Don't take this the wrong way, but you are somewhat overweight. That is, unless of course, you have a lot of muscle. As I said before, I dropped 60 pounds by just watching my sugar intake and running 2 miles everyday. (Refrain from eating any junkfood AT ALL if possible). Also, don't eat until you feel so stuffed that you are going to explode. Only eat enough so that you feel satisfied.

all right dude read my post, i know you didnt want nutrition tips but i have some

eat regulary, but less fat
and start your day off with some egg whites

EDIT: start your day off with lost of protein and little fat, and dont eat many carbs towards the end of the night (your body doesnt need alot of energy at night)
and driink green tea or water (dont drink your calories) and drink lots of water, you'll get full and eat less

i lost 15 pounds of fat in less then a month with my workout -(also the Rocks personal workout in one of my menshealth magazines)

Cardio (which i dont do)
5 minute warm up
12 minute high intensity
5 minute cool down

5 sets of 15 reps on my chest (incline bench) with 30 second rest periods (the rest periods are the key)
5 sets of 15 reps of curls with 30 seconds (rests, again are important)
and i do curls 5 sets of 50 reps with 30 second rests

*curls only work upper portion of stomach
*you can go to menshealth.com- great site
Last edited by TDKshorty at Feb 28, 2007,
SOADFanSince'98, you have a rad avatar
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
just recently lost 55 lbs.

some tips, because some of these are shit...

1 - Don't starve yourself. You'll just binge later.
2 - 5 or 6 small meals a day is what you should really be doing. Your body will be hungry every 2-3 hours. Just give it the right stuff.
3 - Lots of whole grains - whole wheat bread, oatmeal, etc. - these keep you full longer.
4 - Cut out white pasta, white bread, and sugar. You digest these very quickly and sometimes they make you hungrier.
5 - Drink a ton of water.
6 - The scale is a bitch. Weigh yourself once a week, at the same time every week, (morning, after you've used the bathroom, nude) - your body weight will fluctuate because you are full of food and water sometimes. Don't freak out if you gain a little weight and you've been exercising - it's muscle, it'll help you in the long run.
7- if possible, exercise before breakfast. this will burn actual fat and not food in your stomache.

any more questions, feel free to PM me.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Aim for at least half an hour cardio a day, followed by two or three weight sessions a week. Make sure you're eating a good breakfast and smaller dinner, if you're snacking healthily throughout the day you don't have to worry about lunch. Aim to lose maximum of 2 pounds a week, any more than that and your weight will bounce back quickly as soon as you stop with the diet/exercise. I'd say over 3 months, 20 pounds is a great goal to go for.
For a meal plan, go with unprocessed foods - fruit, veges, meat (not too much and with the fat trimmed off it), all types of seafoods, etc. Stay away from white flour (bread, pasta, etc), excessive dairy and high-sugar food. Make sure you're drinking at least 3L of water a day, more if you're doing a lot of cardio.
My mothers a nutritionist, so I've got a fairly good idea of what I'm talking about.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
here's what you do.
don't eat until summer, and masturbate twice as much.
it's proven.
Am i allowed to say erection?

p.s. erection, hahahaha.
Some of the advice given here is pretty bad.

To lose fat, you simply must burn more calories of energy than you consume. You need to create a caloric deficit. You will make it significantly more difficult to lose weight without altering your diet. Do the following:

If possible eat 5-6 SMALLER meals per day, try and include lots of vegtables, lean meat such as chicken, tuna, turkey, consume lots of fruit, nuts and wholegrain food. Avoid soda, alcohol, candy, fried/sugary food. An occasional drink once a week can be ok.

Allow yourself one junkfood meal a week to keep you sane. Start doing cardiovascular exercise at least 3 time a week. Aim for at least half an hour, but not much more than an hour. These can include jogging, cycling, decent pace swimming. IF you wanna throw a weight training program in, you will see good results. The hardest part of the whole process, is stay committed and on task. Master the mind to master the body.

\
Quote by stellar_legs
Yeah, basically I have a gut I'm trying to get rid of.

You sound exactly like me, weight, height, and gut.
dont listen to these clowns who suggest starving yourself.

im the guy who helped the guy out in the thread about muscle building, PM me if you want to know how to lose weight giving me your personal height weight, body type, activity per day, and average diet [do you eat white bread, organic meats, etc]