Page 1 of 2
So how long does it take to become a real part of the community? I mean, Im a feb 07. So im pretty much brand new.

A few months? Just curious.

[/completely pointless thread]

Actually, this is a very n00bish thread, huh? Oh well, nevermind...
I've been here since 2004 and nobody knows who I am

Well, then again I've hardly posted here in the last couple years.
Electrolytes Smell Like Semen...
Depends on how much of an idiot you are. I'm a SEP06'er, apparently one of the worst ever, but I integrated fairly quickly, because I made coherent, intelligent posts. Usually.

So just don't act like a n00b, and you won't get called a n00b.
I'd say around 6 months for most. Some noobs really fit in well, like Siftings, for example, and in that case, it only takes a couple of months.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Some of us have been here for a wee while and you still find people you never knew existed everyday who've been members for years. It's grand.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Well obviously you'll be a noob for obvious reasons, your join date. But as far as that even I could be considered a noob by asking stupid questions, not looking at FAQ, and not using the search bar. If you follow a few of those simple things, you'll do just fine here buddy.
Quote by Partyboy2k05
Well obviously you'll be a noob for obvious reasons, your join date. But as far as that even I could be considered a noob by asking stupid questions, not looking at FAQ, and not using the search bar. If you follow a few of those simple things, you'll do just fine here buddy.

Your join date doesn't make you a noob, its how you act
i've seen people here from 2003, and ive never seen them before. it depends on how much your post, adn how intelligent your posts are.
It all depends on the volume and quality of your posts. Just be careful not to post too much crap just for the sake of posting.
Quote by karlh07
It all depends on the volume and quality of your posts. Just be careful not to post too much crap just for the sake of posting.

i lose.
I've only really got to know certain folk on here within the last 2 years really. It takes a while.
Terms and Conditions apply.
ive been here a lil over a year and id say im rated like 6/10 10 being the most well known... cagnius ive nvr seen u b4 and uve been here since 2003. btw hehe ironic but ure from glasgow and im listening to glasgow kiss by john petrucci
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Depends on how much of an idiot you are. I'm a SEP06'er, apparently one of the worst ever, but I integrated fairly quickly, because I made coherent, intelligent posts. Usually.

You were part of a very, very, very, VERY shit group, and it didn't help that Aug. 06ers were a horrible bunch as well the month before, making everyone touchy on newbies, but you pulled through, and made a name for yourself.

Threadstarter, there's two things you can do.

1.) RISKY OPTION (I would also think it's the most work). Make a name for yourself. Make a thread that's innovative, has a point, and requires some kind of participation, or a topic that is worth looking at. The risk is making a thread, and it being considered completely useless or making numerous threads with no point. The more you do that, the more of an outcast you may become. Also, it doesn't have to be threads, many famous users just make awesome posts all around, and get a little "following", if you will.

ALWAYS check past theards, the Search Button is a lifesaver. And when I say "a topic worth looking at", don't do conspiracy, or 9/11, or religion, or something COMPLETELY pointless, be creative.

2.) THE WAITING GAME. Just post regularly, make some good posts, and just stick around, you'll integrate within a a month or so, but stay active. Long bouts of absences and such can make that time longer.

I registered in Aug. 05, and I took a long absence because the threads were slowing down, and came back as a n00b basically, which didn't do much for a good rep.

Those, IMO, are the best ways to get SOME kind of rep.

Good luck.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Dirge Humani

Your Avatar helps.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Pretty much as soon as I started going into the chat.

That was a good few years ago though, so I can't remember how long I had been here before that point.
I've seen you around... I like you already.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
Quote by chillininfl
Get a sweet ava, see refrence.

i got that down
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by sg4eva
I've been here since 2004 and nobody knows who I am

Well, then again I've hardly posted here in the last couple years.

I know who you are .. you were in an amazing band called mistaken prophecy but then you guys broke up ... so cheer up..haha

and no one knows who i am, i havent been here long, but longer i guess.hah
Quote by GiantRaven
Your join date doesn't make you a noob, its how you act

I was using the noob as new, fresh to the site, not the noob that means acts like a retard.

He's a noob cuz of his join date: Descriptive as in like age, not flaming.

The noob just played stairway to heaven in a guitar shop: F'ing Retard, flaming
Quote by Partyboy2k05
I was using the noob as new, fresh to the site, not the noob that means acts like a retard.

Ahem:

Newb:
One who is new to an area on the internet, specifically games and forums, who tries to make a good name for oneself, and is not annoying and is respectful.
Noob:One who is an arrogant, annoying, immature, trollish, flaming, prick. Also known as n00bs.
Quote by Xerothunder
I've seen you around... I like you already.

heh, HIM fans are rare here... we must stick together
Quote by Partyboy2k05

My bad
I've been here for quite a while, but I'll never intergrate.. = [
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
ouch...you guys and your leet terms. What is that, i just got p@wned? I'm slowly learning all these different ways, but I swear there's a new one every other day I have to look up to understand what the hell was just said to me. But you caught what I was saying though, I just didn't know there was difference in spelling.
your avatar definately helps. unless your a total loser outcast like myself lol
and being part of an event like cas' banning or the pwning of vincent745 the first and second time

but most importantly make smart posts that contribute to the thread
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by Partyboy2k05
ouch...you guys and your leet terms. What is that, i just got p@wned? I'm slowly learning all these different ways, but I swear there's a new one every other day I have to look up to understand what the hell was just said to me. But you caught what I was saying though, I just didn't know there was difference in spelling.

It doesn't really matter, I just felt like being a prick.

And that used to annoy the hell out of me when I used to play MMORPGS...
Quote by Partyboy2k05

I know how to help with your "problem"

Bookmark Urban Dictionary. Easy as 3.14
i recognize most people by their avatars, if they're unique. if one cahnges their avatar to a new one, it could take me some time to realize who it is
I have no idea how I did it (I've done it, right? I normally get high ratings in those "how well are you known" things), I suppose I just wasn't an idiot.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Woo, NEWBS!!! i dont get noticed a lot cos i stay in the CR forums
Quote by Dirge Humani
(Invalid img)
Helps.

True.

Plus, it helps to have some good friends on here, because you can be talking about little jokes you had in other threads, pull them into other threads (without neccesarily spamming) and people might find it funny and they'll remember you for that little tidbit of funniness.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Page 1 of 2