Ok so i am thinking about buying a Marshal Dsl 401 soon but i've been hearing there are a lot of heating problems, but i went on that website about that guy that tells you how to install a fan in it http://www.piller.at/music/index.php?target=dsl201/index.html and it said that all the Marshall Dsl 401's that have been made starting August 2003 are much more reliable and dont have the same problems.

So is this true? And does anybody maybe have a Dsl 401 that was made starting from August 2003 and can tell me if it has the same problems or not?

Thanks.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind
i've had my eye on the mesa boogie line, my price range is under $600.

Quote by batman123
maybe you could buy a picture of one for 600, and just pretend for awhile...

Its Not True A Hade A 2004 And It Almost Cought On Fire.the Plastic Parts Were Melting.needless To Say I Returned It.
I have it and leave it on for hours at a time for the last 4-5 months and its fine!
I did indeed notice mine gets very hot, the front panel can actually be hurting hot after a while. (mine is a 2006) do you get this False_God?
ye but when it gets to hot then the fuse blows and then i have to get it repaired, and i like o usually have my amp for AT LEAST 2 hours at a time. So is there really a good reason to buy this amp because i love the sound but why would i get an amp if i'll have to fix it every month?
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind

Quote by batman123

I have mine cranked and leave it on for hours, it gets very hot but no problems.

purchased in 2006.
so even if it gets hot then the fuse wont blow? like how long does it have to be on for until it becomes unsafe and makes teh fuse blow?
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind

Quote by batman123

well if your really unsure
just put the fan in
and it wont overheat

it sounds pretty easy...to put it in that is

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
im 13 and im not really good with that kinda stuff like installnig things and stuff so do you have any other suggestions.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind

Quote by batman123

well...
i dont own a dsl...

so i dont really know how bad the overheating problem is

you can always get it installed at like gc or ur local guitar shop

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Pfft, fans. Go with a liquid cooling system, like on them high end computadoras.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
im thinking of buying one and i was wondering would it be fine if you turned a fan on behind the amp while playing?
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
^either do that or book a flight to Antarctica and play there.
im sure it wont overheat

do it fast though...global warming...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

^^haha
what you should do is sell it and get the head and a 2x12 cab

anyways, if it does over heat running a fan on the will work fine but wait till the tubes intially warm up or youll be sitting for hours haha
and if soemtihng is realyl wrong with it, marshall has like a 5 year warranty so you can take it back and be like this thing is wayy to ****ing hot and theyll fix it or like do soemthingamazing
^^no theres not a huge a problem, my dsl's revereb work at any volume, jsut when its louder its more clear and crisp but you should still hear it at most volumes
Quote by Moonshine12
^^no theres not a huge a problem, my dsl's revereb work at any volume, jsut when its louder its more clear and crisp but you should still hear it at most volumes

no there must be a problem because i hear virtually no reverb unless the volume is at 8
just try make sure the back isn't pressed up against something, where it isn't getting any ventilation. Maybe even a floor fan moving air around it if you're really worried.

Quote by Generalpwnt
Pfft, fans. Go with a liquid cooling system, like on them high end computadoras.

mmm, watercooling

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Feb 28, 2007,