Page 1 of 2
I know lots of people don't like them, and if you're one of them, don't post. If you do like em... post...

Favroite album is O'God the Aftermath and my favorite song has gotta be Absentimental. Any input?
They suck and they rip off Botch.
Listen to better music, my desert rose.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
Last edited by Disco Vietnam at Mar 1, 2007,
Ok their firs to albumbs i really like but they they are soo repetitive. than redeemer comes out and they have impoved a million times over.
im seein them in march with the chariot....its gonna be the best show im ever gonna see haha
Quote by Disco Vietnam
Listen to better music, faggot.

backed
Quote by BassNewbie
im seein them in march with the chariot....its gonna be the best show im ever gonna see haha

You realize both of their singers are notorious for losing their voices live?
dont tell me when not to post, you're just asking for people to post now.

i dislike them, think they suck.
You realize both of their singers are notorious for losing their voices live?

ive seen the chariot live and he didn't lose his voice. he put one of the best shows ive ever seen
They were quite dreadful when I saw them live and I despise their music.

(secretly likes memphis will be laid to waste though)
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by Disco Vietnam
Listen to better music, faggot.

The f-word will get you baninated Lukie!
:-X
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by SilentSpectacle
The f-word will get you baninated Lukie!
:-X

I changed it to desert rose to make it more appealing!

OMG LUV ALL AROUND.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

Quote by Disco Vietnam
I changed it to desert rose to make it more appealing!

OMG LUV ALL AROUND.

lol ....i was wondering "what the ****? how poetic is that....'my desert rose'" haha.

than i saw the quotes below and hadda laugh a bit.

ZOMG LOL HAI GUYZ LETS MAKE DIS T3H THRE4D 2 LURVE EACHOTHER AND SAY SW33T POETICAL THANGS LOLZ!!1on1ON!o!!!!!

oh ma gah! thread starter, youre the pumpkin of my eye, the lust of my only desires repentances blackest forgiveness bloody deaths loves wishes. be mine forever!
Quote by BassNewbie
ive seen the chariot live and he didn't lose his voice. he put one of the best shows ive ever seen

I saw the Chariot live and Josh sounded worse than Matt Heafy. Towards the end of their set he couldn't even project.

There's so many videos of him in Norma Jean and The Chariot where he's just yelling hoarsely and not even able to scream anymore.
Ok, my bad. Post if you want, lol. didn't mean to make it a big deal.

Moving on.

I agree. I saw the Chariot live. Josh actually kept pretty consistent. Sure, a couple mistakes, but lets face it, it's not easy. At all.

Redeemer to me ripped off Underoath a bit. O'God the Aftermath had it coming, but they went a little too light. Bless the Martyr was art. To me.

And to whoever called me desert rose after calling me a f****t... you're amazing. I think I'm gonna start calling people desert rose. Seriously. That's really funny...
Nothing stands between a man and his Maker.
Bless The Martyr puts on great atmosphere. O' God The Aftermath is great because it's so spazzy. Redeemer is just boring.

As for Josh's screaming, it's easy as hell to get that sound, just force from your throat. The reason he, "makes mistakes," is because he's blowing his voice out by screaming with improper technique.

Norma Jean live when Josh was in the band:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL9d0w6qSLg

An example of proper technique:
Through The Eyes Of The Dead
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7059945400308242156&q=two+inches+from+a+main+artery&hl=en

Notice how Anthony's (vocals) voice is raspy, not hoarse, and how when he speaks, his voice doesn't sound broken?
Last edited by i am the robots at Mar 1, 2007,
I respect their quirky, yet sometimes cool choice in guitars.

And to be savagely honest, I like the music at times, too.

Certainly not a favourite of mine, but it's cool.
Quote by NormaBean
Ok, my bad. Post if you want, lol. didn't mean to make it a big deal.

Moving on.

I agree. I saw the Chariot live. Josh actually kept pretty consistent. Sure, a couple mistakes, but lets face it, it's not easy. At all.

Redeemer to me ripped off Underoath a bit. O'God the Aftermath had it coming, but they went a little too light. Bless the Martyr was art. To me.

And to whoever called me desert rose after calling me a f****t... you're amazing. I think I'm gonna start calling people desert rose. Seriously. That's really funny...

Dude, I am amazing. It's so great we can relate.

ASL?
Quote by LPIndin

Quote by Disco Vietnam
Dude, I am amazing. It's so great we can relate.

ASL?

That's yum. Hook in.
You gonna play hide the sausage?
Quote by ImBarkerRarrrrr
i really like norma jean i saw them and they were amazing

I saw them live too. My ears were bleeding profusely as a result of the fatass next to me screaming that "she simply will not die". And too add to that, there was no need whatsoever to have a second (even worse drummer) banging his brains out on the side of the stage.
Quote by LPIndin

just because youve moved on to better music doesnt mean you have to hate what you started with. i normally listen to botch, converge, ect. but i still like to put 'bless the martyr' in the cd player every once in a while.
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

I like some of the riffs thats about it. But i saw them live with Between the Buried and Me. Good show all around (especially BTBAM <3)
I listened to Norma Jean at work tonight. Worked till 3am, and listening to Norma kept me awake.

Apparently, I'm not to sure, but the word on the street is that Christ is not a fashion, fleeting away...!

Keep it on the lowdown though.
The one thing that keeps me listening to them is that their 3 albums are so vastly different from each other.

Bless the Martyr has to be my favorite, with Redeemer in second.

one flaw I have noticed in them is that the last song on each of their albums gos on way to long and detracts from the overall effect of the album on the listener
Quote by Gymmeh
I listened to Norma Jean at work tonight. Worked till 3am, and listening to Norma kept me awake.

Apparently, I'm not to sure, but the word on the street is that Christ is not a fashion, fleeting away...!

Keep it on the lowdown though.

Yeah, Bless The Martyr & Kiss The Child is actually a great album.
Quote by kaktusnpoop
^^thats cuz Botch is better

that's what I'm saying.

Even though NJ might as well be Botch, but with ten times the suck.
i like norma jean but i strongly disagreed o god the aftermath was a horrible cd. a few songs of redeemr aren't bad. but bless the marytr and kiss the child was by far the best. they just went downhill
redemmer is my favorite. and IMO its the heaviest. it makes me wanna kick things...

:/

a small spark vs. a great forest is wonderful too..
Great band, I can always kick it back and listen to them no matter what type of music I'm into. Saw them with the Chariot, A Life once Lost, and the Handshake Murders on Saturday; kicked ass. Norma Jean is very energetic live, although the film clips got on my nerves.
That loser shit's right out the window!
They're one of those Hit-Or-Miss bands. They have some riffs I like ... but, ah, not much else.

And, yes, you can hear one big ass Botch influence in their sound.
Music is a weapon. Use it wisely.

"So retire the ships, the final voyage was his ..."

Quote by kaktusnpoop (on Norma Jean)
I think they use Botch guitars tuned to drop Botch.
Page 1 of 2