ROTOSOUND ARE THE WORST STRINGS EVER! DO NOT BUY THEM! there cheap yess but they die out SOOOO quickly, elixer are top of the line but cost $$$ the best i have played are DR and Fodera Diamonds, ernie balls aren;t bad but those really are the best strings, dont forget to qipe your strings down each time after you play, cos its the acids in your finger that corrode then and kill that brightness. OH and get roundwound steel. there's the best for high ends with brightness.
me you

if you notice any spelling mistakes, or grammar stuff, its cos i have tourettes syndrome and i cbf correcting it, cos that involves reading it over. so get the F*** over it.
Dean Markley Blue Steel strings. They are cryogenically quenched in liquid nitrogen after being heat treated, so the carbon atoms in the steel are trapped into the lattice structure of the steel, making it stronger and more durable. The tone is very bright and the strings will last about 2x as long as standard strings.
Jaco de Lucia.

The Zen of Duh: How low can you go? Zero Hertz. That's the lowest anyone can go. Just turn off your bass amp and not play.

Q-tuner PUs (0X0 configuration) and HG Thor Labs for the best fretless bass tone. MWAH FACTOR!!!
/\/\ He's lying. Dean Markleys have to be broken in religiously before they stay in tune. Go with D'Addarios. Preferably Nickel Wounds. They are nice and bright, brightness is long lasting and they are broken in right out of the box in my experience.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
It's very much a matter of personal preferance, as you can see. The only real answer is to try all the strings you can until you find some you're happy with, and then go through it all again with your next bass etc...

But I like d'Addario myself. I also use Rotosounds when I want bright and pingy.
Quote by bassburton
/\/\ He's lying. Dean Markleys have to be broken in religiously before they stay in tune. Go with D'Addarios. Preferably Nickel Wounds. They are nice and bright, brightness is long lasting and they are broken in right out of the box in my experience.

I agree with D'Addarios. Nickle-wound, medium gauge for nice balance and solid treble.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
jaco de lucia is full of baloney, I think...

Anyway, the key to brightness is and always was STAINLESS STEEL. It's brighter than nickel or nickel plated steel and that's all there is to it. If you want super brightness, try D'Addario Prisms (but they're hard to find), or a contact core string, like GHS makes, or Rotosound PSD99's like I use.

Rotosounds are the best strings on the market (but D'Addario makes good stainless strings in better gauges). Geddy Lee, Billy Sheehan, John Entwistle, and John Paul Jones swear by them. Anyone who disagrees has weak fingers (the only downside to Roto's or any other Stainless string is that they are 'grabby' and feel rough. However, they do harder your fingers faster).

Regardless, Stainless Steels are the way to go (and they corrode slower than nickel).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Rotosounds are the best strings on the market.

That's opinion. Personally, I perfer DRs for their all-around playability and solid warm bass with pronounced treble.

To each their own, I guess.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Sure, but for the pinnacle of bright, chorusy, bumble bee tone, I haven't played any string better than Rotosound. I've tried Fenders, Ernie Balls, D'Addarios, and GHS, and they've been less PANG than Rotosounds. Although, I never tried D'Addario Prisms, which they market as the brightest bass string ever made. Jimmy Haslip uses Prisms, but his tone doesn't seem very bright to me.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
i tend to use d'addario and they work well
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
I just bought 2 sets of d'addarios and although i really like the feel of them, they didn't have the brightness that i liked from my EB hybrids
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!