yet another for my bassist

so both me and my bassist thinks digital sounding fuzz on a bass is really sexy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=22W38jJk81s kind of like that, minus the wah or volume, cant figure what it is.

so what pedal would achieve that? he currently has a shiznitty jazz copy, but hes getting a 70's squier jazz.
It's not digital - it's analog solid state distortion. You want an Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi for that sound.
Quote by smb
It's not digital - it's analog solid state distortion. You want an Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi for that sound.

well i think it sounds digital, thats what i meant.

ok, i thought a BM would work. just wondering.

should he get the russian or USA? i heard the russian works better. (for bass)
It's a matter of personal preference. The difference is subtle and they are easily modded if you're not keen on the voicing. Cliff used an old Sovtek one. The Russian is probably closest to that sound, but the difference between them is small enough that I'd take other things into account - the BMP, Russian and Little Big Muff use different power supplies and it's worth checking if that could be a factor for you.

Edit: It'd be nice if people would say thank you...I'm gonna stop talking to guitards in the bass forum.
Last edited by smb at Mar 1, 2007,