So, after my months, my noobish self FINALLY checked out Possessed. Even though, I should of a long time ago, seeing they are one of the first Death Metal bands. Well, after listening to "Death Metal," "The Eyes of Horror, "The Exorcist," and "Fallen Angel," I find them to be excellent so far. What does everyone else think?
I like Possessed. I should pick up an album sometime.

Death Metal is what started it all man.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
The trem-picked riff in The Exorcist is so fucking fun to play.

Seven Churches is an essential listen.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
It's awesome to hear Ler pre Primus. Great band, but their sound is a bit limited.
Don't be derivative. Explore...
-can't believe Tony never listened to Possessed before-

I enjoy em. Seven Churches is an ESSENTIAL album for any metal head.
Seven Churches is high up on my list of releases to get soon.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
They didnt do anything a hundred other bands after them did better, they just did it first. Highly overrated.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
^But they DID do something.

Possessed are excellent. A good friend of mine has Seven Churches on vinyl. If it weren't for Larry denying anything having to do with the band, the reunion would be a killer one.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
I know it has already been said, but Seven Churches is simply a classic. Possessed rule.

What does everyone think of CC's cover of The Exorcist?
Quote by kirkisking
^But they DID do something.

Possessed are excellent. A good friend of mine has Seven Churches on vinyl. If it weren't for Larry denying anything having to do with the band, the reunion would be a killer one.

Quote by im_hungry

Agreed. Does Larry not want anything to do with the band anymore or something?
I really like these guys but can't find any of their albums anywhere.

Quote by Stranglehold
What does everyone think of CC's cover of The Exorcist?
Haven't heard it, and not sure I want to.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
This thread is disappointingly small.

Anyways, do they use a different tuning on the song "Twisted Minds?" Around 2:34 in the song it sounds like they're hitting a low A, unless there's just something wrong with me.

Edit: Balls, this thread is old too. Does nobody listen to Possessed these days?
Last edited by TheMantipede at May 22, 2009,
ive only heard death metal and exorcist, but i liked em a lot
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
I haven't listened to SC in a while.

Time to dust off the disk and blast this mother****er...
Dammit, I thought SGRocker was back. =/

Anyway, I have "Seven Churches", and still shocked to this day that Larry LaLonde played on it, but it's sadly not my cup of tea.

I appreciate it for what it is, but I can't sit through it a lot.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
This band defines metal.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Fairly sure Death defined death metal, n00b. And Cannibal Corpse.

/cuntishness

Gotta love Possessed.
Quote by Dyer's Eve
The trem-picked riff in The Exorcist is so fucking fun to play.

Hell yes, I can play those two riffs over and over for hours.
Seven Churches is the only thing, in my opinion, that stands anywhere near close to Altars Of Madness as far as that period of extreme metal goes. 'Tis truly awesome. The other albums aren't as good, but Swing Of The Axe is a killer song!

Waiting for them to tour the UK. And didn't Jeff say they were working on new material? (I mean him and the Sadistic Intent guys, not the original lineup.
Quote by duncang
If Varg had any sense of humour, he'd open the album with a cover of Superstition.
I like Possessed alot actually. I'm more into Death, Cynic and other stuff but their primal, raw sound is essential if you really want to understand Death Metal. One thing that bothers me though, on 7 Churches, is that sometimes they have this cool riff going on and then ruin it with this fast little run that throws them all off time. It really annoys me because they do it on like, 3-4 songs on that record. None the less it's cool.

When did Ler say he wanted nothing to do with Possessed? I prefer Primus to Possessed anyway, but thats sort of sad! He helped invent the glorious genre known as Death Metal!
Possessed are beginning to grow on me, I have realized how awesome they are.

btw are they still active? I know Jeff did a few gigs with the guys from Sadistic Intent a year or two ago and MA says that they're still active. But I haven't heard anything about them recently..
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Quote by vanshaya
Possessed are beginning to grow on me, I have realized how awesome they are.

btw are they still active? I know Jeff did a few gigs with the guys from Sadistic Intent a year or two ago and MA says that they're still active. But I haven't heard anything about them recently..

theyre not still active as the original possessed. their guitarist larry lalonde is in primus and the rest im not sure. its pretty much just jeff and sadistic intent as the new members. ill be seeing them in december
Classical Guitarist
I'm fairly surprised that this thread is only on it's second page.
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat