Now I have a very limited knowledge of guitars, but I was looking at the stats for both the RR3 and RX10D Rhoads models on jackson.com, and realized they look almost identical. Except for slightly different pickups, the RX10D looks identical to the RR3 (save for the pickguard). Is the RR3 really worth $200 more, or am I just a n00b?
Yes it really is worth that Much more
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
RR3 is kind of overpriced I guess. After all it is the "PRO" series . If I bought a rr3 i'd swap the pickups out anyway...

Possibly the only B.C rich fan on UG
From what the jackson site says, they use the same exact woods. And the pickups don't seem to be THAT much different.

And what exactly are... electronics?

Just wonderin'. I might get either one soon, but I want to know if the RR3 is kidn of a rip off (in comparison to the other one).
Quote by northerfan666
From what the jackson site says, they use the same exact woods. And the pickups don't seem to be THAT much different.

And what exactly are... electronics?

Just wonderin'. I might get either one soon, but I want to know if the RR3 is kidn of a rip off (in comparison to the other one).

The RX uses basswood and duncan designed pickups which suck ass, RR3 uses alder and real duncans which own. Electrics are like pots and all that jazz.
The Jackson site has conflicting stats, one part says basswood, the other says alder. And how do you know the pickups are that much better?
Never played an RX, but RR3 is worth every penny, and more. It's a beautiful guitar, really.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Save up for an RR5 man, now THAT one is a guitar worth the money, i played an RR3 2 days ago...the Floyd on it is worthless scrap metal, it was a bolt on neck and it couldnt stay in tune for more than 5 minutes. The RR5 has no crappy trem, it has a neckthrough body construction, it's a lot more comfortable IMO.