Page 1 of 4
dominant as in, in their sport? or how well they are conditioned?
Failure is a far greater teacher than success.
Unified

Gear:
Schecter C-1
Peavey Classic 30
Roland Cube 30
DD-3
Ibanez WD-7
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
It's either Tiger Woods or Roger Federer.

And it's seriously a toss-up.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
BOSH MOTHER ****ERS
and sundin.
and leafs.
Am i allowed to say erection?

p.s. erection, hahahaha.
one of the top ufc/k1 fighters duh >=D
Failure is a far greater teacher than success.
Unified

Gear:
Schecter C-1
Peavey Classic 30
Roland Cube 30
DD-3
Ibanez WD-7
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
In terms of achievements in a career? Tiger Woods for sure. He basically won the Super Bowl, World Series, Stanley Cup and the World Cup all at once in 1996. That in itself is amazing, and an undeniable achievement, but he's done so much more as well, and became a VERY dominant athelete.

Single season- Not sure, I think it might still be Tiger, like I said, that 1996 season c an hardly be matched....

*shrugs*
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Xerothunder
It's either Tiger Woods or Roger Federer.

And it's seriously a toss-up.

yeah, id take federer over woods

cant forget guys like valentino rossi and kelly slater and that as well both have at least 7 world titles in there sport in a row, and shumacher was dominant as well.
Quote by fallenangel20
In terms of achievements in a career? Tiger Woods for sure. He basically won the Super Bowl, World Series, Stanley Cup and the World Cup all at once in 1996. That in itself is amazing, and an undeniable achievement, but he's done so much more as well, and became a VERY dominant athelete.

Single season- Not sure, I think it might still be Tiger, like I said, that 1996 season c an hardly be matched....

*shrugs*

Yeah, Roger did that too with Tennis.

And I agree what the other guy said, it is basically a toss up.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by PW019-box
BOSH MOTHER ****ERS
and sundin.
and leafs.

You're retarded. Worst hockey team ever.

To everyone else, there is a difference between being a great player and being dominant in a sport. In football, no one has been dominant since Montana played. In hockey, Gretzky (although I personally believe Bobby Orr is the alltime greatest hockey player). Those were the last dominant athletes in those sports (but you could make a case that Martin Brodeur is the only game-stealing goalie left in the NHL).

Schumacher was untouchable when he raced, I'd consider him as one of the most dominant athletes of all time as well.
How about Michael Jordan or Shaq. Both could not be stopped, both have lead their teams win multiple championships.
Quote by willtheworld
Kelly Slater. no doubt

kelly kapowski > kelly slater.

anyways, calvin johnson out of GAtech. best player in the draft this year, best receiver in football next year.
Kobe Bryant.... It's not even close. I am dead serious about that too. 81 points in one game, without playing in the 4th Quarter? Unbelievable. There is no other athlete out there that can take over a game by himself. The closest to him is Tracy McGrady.
Quote by AngusIsMyHero
Kobe Bryant.... It's not even close. I am dead serious about that too. 81 points in one game, without playing in the 4th Quarter? Unbelievable. There is no other athlete out there that can take over a game by himself. The closest to him is Tracy McGrady.

What the hell are you talking about? Wilt Chamberlin anyone? Read up on your facts before posting.

EDIT: As far as the topic at hand, my vote would be Tiger, accomplishments said, it's the argument like the unstoppable force versus the immovable object, theres no right answer.
Quote by AngusIsMyHero

Arenas? Anthony? Nash? Wade?

Kobe Bryant is not the most dominate athlete. Too many players can compete on his level.

I'll go back to the other two. Tiger Woods wins almost every tournament he plays in now. Roger Federer has just broken the record for longest time at the no. 1 position in world tennis rankings.

Kobe hasn't even won the MVP in the NBA in a few years.

I'm also gonna toss Lance Armstrong in the ring, 7 straight Tour de France wins is impressive.
Quote by staticoverdub
kelly kapowski > kelly slater.

Who?? 7 x world champ, he just keeps winning. Layne Beachley also
right now, its probally fedderer

but im all time Sugar Ray Robinson
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.
Quote by Xerothunder
You're retarded. Worst hockey team ever.

Are you ****ign serious you dumb bastard?

Honestly Raycroft is like Cujo, just because he is amazing once in a while, and horrible for the rest of the time, he's just really horrible for a lot of the time. Other than that we have like two shitty players and we played too much for McCabe. You're just jealous that you're a faggot.

p.s. erection, hahahaha.
Quote by PW019-box

Honestly Raycroft is like Cujo, just because he is amazing once in a while, and horrible for the rest of the time, he's just really horrible for a lot of the time. Other than that we have like two shitty players and we played too much for McCabe. You're just jealous that you're a faggot.

.... what?
Quote by chrispozzobon
.... what?

'cause you know. . . they play well, a lot of the time, they just have shitty goaltending that ****s with them.

p.s. erection, hahahaha.
Quote by PW019-box

You really want to get into this? You have $28 million tied up in the worst core group of players I've ever seen. Your goalie just let in 3 goals on 5 shots in the second period, 4 in 11 total last game. Your big deadline signing was Perrault, who you already got rid of twice.

On top of that, you lost to the Habs.
Quote by chrispozzobon
What the hell are you talking about? Wilt Chamberlin anyone? Read up on your facts before posting.

EDIT: As far as the topic at hand, my vote would be Tiger, accomplishments said, it's the argument like the unstoppable force versus the immovable object, theres no right answer.

Umm, Wilt Chamberlain did that about 30 years ago. The game has changed incredibly. Back then, Wilt Chamberlain was the tallest guy in the league. All his teammates had to do was throw the ball up to the basket and Wilt would grab it and dunk it. Wilt shot 32 free throws. Kobe shot 20 free throws. Wilt had 69 points at the end of the third quarter. The fans started screaming, "Give it to Wilt!" The Warriors gave it to him every time down the court in the fourth quarter. Kobe scored 81 points in three quarters. If he would have played the fourth quarter, and been given the ball as much as Wilt was given the ball in the fourth quarter, he would have destroyed 100 points. There is no doubting that.

Quote by Xerothunder
Arenas? Anthony? Nash? Wade?

Kobe Bryant is not the most dominate athlete. Too many players can compete on his level.

I'll go back to the other two. Tiger Woods wins almost every tournament he plays in now. Roger Federer has just broken the record for longest time at the no. 1 position in world tennis rankings.

Kobe hasn't even won the MVP in the NBA in a few years.

I'm also gonna toss Lance Armstrong in the ring, 7 straight Tour de France wins is impressive.

How are you supposed to win an MVP when the team around you sucks completely? Nash has possibly (if not) the best team in the NBA around him. Arenas, haha, that is just a joke. You can't compare Kobe and Gilbert Arenas. Kobe is better (statistically, and physically) in every aspect of the game. Dwyane has the big man. You've seen what they do without Shaq. Shaq is gone for most of the season, and they look horrible, he comes back and they go on like a 5 game win streak? Coincidence? I don't think so. The second best player on the Lakers is Lamar Odom. Freaking Lamar Odom, your team can't win when he is your second best player. The Lakers (with nobody on their team) are 33-25 (In the better league, BTW), the Heat? A horrible 27-29. Think about it. Kobe is the only reason the Lakers are close to making the playoffs. You can think what you want, Kobe may seem like he hogs the ball a lot, but he not only scores the most points per game for the Lakers, he also has the most assists per game for them too.

If the Lakers would get someone worth a dang in LA to help Kobe, he would be the MVP of the NBA. You can back on that.
Last edited by AngusIsMyHero at Feb 28, 2007,
Actually there is very few players in Toronto to back anything up. We have Kaberle and really that's it. Sundin has NO support, our top line is Ponikarovsky and Antropov. Steen and Stajan can't finish if they had to, O'Neill is doin' alright, McCabe all out sucks, Kubinas an injury case who wanted a pay cheque, Colaicovo is prone to injury. With all those bad players, John Ferguson answers the bell with... Yanic Perreault and Travis Green?

EDIT:

Quote by AngusIsMyHero
Umm, Wilt Chamberlain did that about 30 years ago. The game has changed incredibly. Back then, Wilt Chamberlain was the tallest guy in the league. All his teammates had to do was throw the ball up to the basket and Wilt would grab it and dunk it. Wilt shot 32 free throws. Kobe shot 20 free throws. Wilt had 69 points at the end of the third quarter. The fans started screaming, "Give it to Wilt!" The Warriors gave it to him every time down the court in the fourth quarter. Kobe scored 81 points in three quarters. If he would have played the fourth quarter, and been given the ball as much as Wilt was given the ball in the fourth quarter, he would have destroyed 100 points. There is no doubting that.

Actually there is much doubting that, because you're being an ignorant little rat. Did Kobe get the record? No. Is he holder of that record? No. Will he be holder of that record? No. Is he any more of an impact player than Steve Nash, Dwayne Wade, or Dirk Nowitzki? No. Thanks for coming out.
Quote by Xerothunder

You really want to get into this? You have $28 million tied up in the worst core group of players I've ever seen. Your goalie just let in 3 goals on 5 shots in the second period, 4 in 11 total last game. Your big deadline signing was Perrault, who you already got rid of twice.

On top of that, you lost to the Habs.

So you're judging our goalie on one game, and your judging our team on your fagulated bias opinion?
Talk about a fagulator.

p.s. erection, hahahaha.
Still doesn't make Kobe the most dominant IMO. SUre, he can score. Big whoop.

On an accomplishment standard, Kobe loses big time.

EDIT:

Also, Wilt made the record with 2 point shots only!!!

The 3 pointer wasn't put into effect in the NBA until 1979, and was tested in the ABA until 1961, he broke the record in 1962, so anyway you look at it, he worked harder for his 80 points than Kobe did I'm sure, not to mention he scored another 20.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Last edited by fallenangel20 at Feb 28, 2007,
Quote by Dreadnought
Paddy Doyle

I'm surprised that I just heard of "The World's Fittest Athlete."
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by PW019-box
So you're judging our goalie on one game, and your judging our team on your fagulated bias opinion?
Talk about a fagulator.

One game? He's been god awful all season except for one small stretch, and even then it was the team bailing him out alot of the time. And how is the opinion biased? I'm a Leafs fan myself, and hell, even I know they suck. You my friend, are the epitome of a Leaf fan.
Quote by chrispozzobon
One game? He's been god awful all season except for one small stretch, and even then it was the team bailing him out alot of the time. And how is the opinion biased? I'm a Leafs fan myself, and hell, even I know they suck. You my friend, are the epitome of a Leaf fan.

heh, thanks you

BUT, he was okay at the beginning, and the small stretch and he made some good ass saves, but in the end i'm not saying he doesn't suck. In fact, i was saying he sucks before, i'm just saying when that fagulator was saying how much they suck he was just talking about last game. I mean everyone has a shitty game.

And our core isn't that bad, like**** when we get our shit together we play amazingly, and on the road there's not doubt that we are a good team. So screw you fatty.

Our defence is pretty damn good, so **** if we had a good goalie think about the shit we could rape.

p.s. erection, hahahaha.
I am fat, and I know it, so I don't take it offensively.
Even though he may have been basing it on that game, it's happened all season.
When we get our shit together? That sounds like a pretty inconsistent... or BAD team, any team can play well with their shit together, and we never have it together, hence why we suck.
The defensive core is another of the major issues of our 61124 goals against this season, I would rather have Aki Berg back then have McCabe.
Tiger Woods, Roger Federer, and Lance Armstrong.

No debate.
Gear:

Guitars
Ibanez JS1000
PRS custom 22
Fender Mustang 67'

Amp
Marshall JCM800 head
2x 1960AV half-stack

Pedals
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer Pedal
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
ect.
Quote by chrispozzobon
I am fat, and I know it, so I don't take it offensively.
Even though he may have been basing it on that game, it's happened all season.
When we get our shit together? That sounds like a pretty inconsistent... or BAD team, any team can play well with their shit together, and we never have it together, hence why we suck.
The defensive core is another of the major issues of our 61124 goals against this season, I would rather have Aki Berg back then have McCabe.

i don't care if you're fat or not, that's why i called you fatty.
and we get our shit together a suprising amount of the time, honestly, our road record is just amazing, AND ****, everyone knows mccabe sucks, i mean he's good for a couple turnovers each game, i mean he passed it into the wall last game, and like. . . he just passed it away from him. but kaberle, and kubina are . . good. and mccabe is mainly shit because he's so expensive, if we payed like $3 million and didn't give him the contract, even $4 million, then he'd somewhat worth it. We give him too much ice time though.

Leafs are just bad because of all the hype around their name, in actual fact they're an okay team that can be pretty damn good if they fix their goalie (in this viewers humble opinion)

but sundin is still amazing

p.s. erection, hahahaha.
Quote by chrispozzobon
Actually there is much doubting that, because you're being an ignorant little rat. Did Kobe get the record? No. Is he holder of that record? No. Will he be holder of that record? No. Is he any more of an impact player than Steve Nash, Dwayne Wade, or Dirk Nowitzki? No. Thanks for coming out.

You are reading way too much into the "record holder" argument. Wilt was a dominating force back then, there is no denying that. He was the most dominant player in the game at that time. His record (before the 100 point game) was 78 in one game. Kobe scored 81... 19 points less than Wilt playing about 10 less minutes. How can you score 81 points in three quarters and not be dominant? That is stupid.

Don't even bring Dirk Nowitzki into the conversation. Did you watch last years finals? He folded like a lawn chair. He is not dominant in any way. Steve Nash has the best team in the NBA around him. Amare Stoudamire and Shawn Marion... that's all I have to say. Dwayne Wade has Shaquille O'Neal. Without him this season, they are behind the TORONTO RAPTORS!!!!!! I can't stress that enough. Kobe Bryant is on a crap team, and he has them at 33-25. Dwayne Wade (with the returning NBA Champs) has his team at 27-29.

The only legit player that you have brought up so far is Steve Nash. He is not more dominant than Kobe Bryant, he is just a really good team player. You can't dominate a game by getting 10 assists per game. He's not scoring those points.
I agree with Thread Starter.

Roger Federer been number one in the world for tennis for god knows how long. was like 88-3 in 2006. Hes ridiculous (I play tennis, hopefully getting a scholarship to either a D1 or a D2 school)
Member #48 of the Weezer Fan club

Gear.
Epiphone LP Classic Quilt Top (w/ SD SH-4 in bridge)
Crate XT 120R
Line 6 PODXT Live
Squier Strat
Dean Markley Blue Steel Strings (light)
My votes go to:

Michael Jordan - basketball
Nolan Ryan, Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, Mickey Mantle(there's a lot, I know) - baseball
Joe Montana, Marcus Allen, Jerry Rice(by position) - football
Pete Samprass - tennis

Edit: and I want to say that Kobe Bryant is an overrated, egotistical fagtree. He is talented as hell, I agree. But he's a prick. He lost the All-Star skills game why? BECAUSE HE NEVER PASSES SO HE COULDN'T GET PAST THAT LEVEL. He is a jerk and think he owns the world. If anyone plays better than him, he gets angry and pissy like a 13 year old. I believe I once saw him elbow Ginobli in the face "accidentally" because of that.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
Last edited by LilVikingboy at Feb 28, 2007,
Page 1 of 4