i got a schecter 007 elite around the end of summer and now im wanting a new guitar (dean vx, maybe something else i dunno) but that schecter is like 600 bucks and i feel bad just leaving it. ive done this lots of times with cheaper guitars and usually i sell them, but i dont know if i want to sell this one, but i dont wanna just leave it hanging on my wall for the rest of eternity and leave myself feeling like a spoiled brat. but i feel the need to go back to 6 strings and i am in a band so its a commitment sort of thing too.

sorry if this thread is basically me complaining, but does anyone have advice or something? thanks in advance.
Don't buy things just because you feel you 'want it' for the moment
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Suck it up princess. I have a crappy $200 guitar and an MG.
Member #16 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
If you think you want something don't buy on an impulse-wait at least a week or two before you buy it. All you can really do is sell you schechter and shop around. Maybe a lesson learned situation right here?
Quote by Control_IsDead

LOL, if only there was room in my sig...
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
i want it!shit..Look Left>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Left you idiot
ya, if you like shecter as a brand, you should try a c-1 plus....thats what i have......to me it has a great sound and look, very versitle for diferent tones and styles....and its about $550 brand new....so if u like the brand....see if u could trade it or what ever....just try it out

sry if this doesnt help....just dropin in my opinion
Quote by Control_IsDead

You think thats bad? Both my guitar and amp put together cost LESS than $200 and ive been playing 5 years
I did the same thing with my Ibanez (it was only 400 though, not 600) Eventually, you'll find a need for it.
Quote by hamish5178
LOL, if only there was room in my sig...

i took it as well! u can bask in my glory
Quote by Control_IsDead

heh unfortunately same here lol , i got a ibanez RG120 and a MG10CD
My Musical Rig:
Ibanez RG120
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Clone
Marshall MG10CD
Coming:
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Distant Future:
Ibanez S-Prestige S2170FW
Quote by david_safc
You think thats bad? Both my guitar and amp put together cost LESS than $200 and ive been playing 5 years

That's dedication! Don't stop now.
Quote by seltzer
i got a schecter 007 elite around the end of summer and now im wanting a new guitar (dean vx, maybe something else i dunno) but that schecter is like 600 bucks and i feel bad just leaving it. ive done this lots of times with cheaper guitars and usually i sell them, but i dont know if i want to sell this one, but i dont wanna just leave it hanging on my wall for the rest of eternity and leave myself feeling like a spoiled brat. but i feel the need to go back to 6 strings and i am in a band so its a commitment sort of thing too.

sorry if this thread is basically me complaining, but does anyone have advice or something? thanks in advance.

Remove the top string and VIOLA! a six string guitar.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Keep it and buy a new one if the budget will allow. I still have my very first guitar and it is 25 years old. I think it was around $200 back then which seemed like a lot of money at the time. Every once in awhile I pick her up and play her. Brings back a lot of fun memories. In fact now that I think of it I have never sold a guitar. Recently I have just incorporated alternate tuning on different ones so I am not always having to retune when a song requires it. I would keep it just for sentimental reasons...Just MHO...
Quote by vanzant38
That's dedication! Don't stop now.

Lol. Im not poor or anything, ive just chose to spend my money on other things in the past (lcd tv, xbox 360 etc.), wish i hadnt tbh but w/e
if you dont like it sell it. or if you can try changing it back to something different in the shop you bought it
Someones got GAS! It happens, Chum. I waited about a year to an Ibanez Artcore - Had for a week and hated it. I myself like bargin instruments ( I play Stagg guitars, Awesome deal and great tone. ) and with that, I don't have to freak when something goes wrong. ( And things have gone wrong. ) Depending on how experienced you are, You'll learn somethin - Price dosen't always make a guitar. You can go cheap on a guitar, BUT NEVER ON AN AMP. ( Yes. PRICE DOES MAKE AN AMP - Usually. ) With the guitar guy, Sell it or get used to it. Schecters make great guitars, Only if you tink with tone and settings though. Twist those knobs, And if it plays badly get it set up. ( Guitars do often drop intonation, It's a result of cheap hardware. ) I'm sure Ebay could find your money back though, Chum.
Don't sell it! You may end up wishing you never sold it. I have had some pretty killer guitars over the years, and have sold all but my LP, first guitar and a crappy 7 string that I keep for when my nephew gets older. I really miss my Kramer Reb Beach model, Washburn A5, BC Rich NJ Bich from the 80's, Jackson RR 7 string, Charvel San Dimas from the 80's, well you get the picture. That is not even a quarter of the guitars I have owned over my years of playing. I used to have a problem with wanting MORE gear all the time. I would keep a guitar for a month, decide I wanted some thing else and trade the guitar from the following month in on it. Compulsive gearhead. Finally I got my LP and decided that I would stick with it. I need a backup guitar, but aside from that my LP does what I need it to.

Just TAKE YOUR TIME picking a guitar out. Take a few months or so to decide if you really want THAT guitar. If you still want it after a few months, think about it some more! Go back to the store over and over and over testing it out. Make DAMN SURE that you wanna make it a part of your arsenal. Your wallet will thank you!

"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
Quote by myMesa8mybrain
Don't sell it! You may end up wishing you never sold it. I have had some pretty killer guitars over the years, and have sold all but my LP, first guitar and a crappy 7 string that I keep for when my nephew gets older. I really miss my Kramer Reb Beach model, Washburn A5, BC Rich NJ Bich from the 80's, Jackson RR 7 string, Charvel San Dimas from the 80's, well you get the picture. That is not even a quarter of the guitars I have owned over my years of playing. I used to have a problem with wanting MORE gear all the time. I would keep a guitar for a month, decide I wanted some thing else and trade the guitar from the following month in on it. Compulsive gearhead. Finally I got my LP and decided that I would stick with it. I need a backup guitar, but aside from that my LP does what I need it to.

Just TAKE YOUR TIME picking a guitar out. Take a few months or so to decide if you really want THAT guitar. If you still want it after a few months, think about it some more! Go back to the store over and over and over testing it out. Make DAMN SURE that you wanna make it a part of your arsenal. Your wallet will thank you!

Good man.