Hey all,
I got home today from work to realize I completely forgot my house keys. I got home real early for once, and my roomates weren't home. So, what was I to do? Go down to the Longue and McQuade 5 minutes from my house I guess. I get there, and I play the electrics for an hour, drums/bass for half an hour, and then I go over and test out some acoustics.
Now there is this one Takamine 12 String there that I play EVERY time I go there. I love that thing. And, they happened to have gotten in this new Fender acoustic amp (not sure of the model, but damn nice for $500 CA). So I plug 'er in, play around with it for awhile, and then discover this amp has delay/reverb/etc on it, so I start playing some shit I never thought I could make a guitar do. I'm not trying to boast, but the people that work there even came over and wanted to see what model of guitar I was playing because they didn't know they had a combination of guitar and amp that would work sound that good. On top of that pretty much every other customer there was coming either giving me a nod of approval, or coming over and asking what I was playing. I don't think many of them even realized it was a 12 string for awhile.
So... needless to say (and I NEVER do this), but I am the proud owned of a Takamine 12 String EG345C
According to the takamine website, it's supposed to cost $570 (I'm assuming Canadian), and I got it for $330. Even the guy who sold me it didn't know why it was priced that low. Oh, and I got him to throw in some strings, haha.
For anyone interested in a 12 string that you can really play anything with (assuming it's possible to play it on 12 string), I would suggest you buy this guitar. I'm honestly taken aback.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Congrats I've got a Takamine acoustic and I can say they're very nice. Never played a Tak 12 string though.
Well, by the time I got back from the music store (2.5 hours later ) my roomates were home.

By the way, the acoustic amp I tried out was a Acoustasonic™ Junior DSP. I check it out.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

i don't like this story.
i mean you didn't get laid, and you didn't come out of the closet. there really isn't a climax.

now if you said you got the 12 string and got laid, but when she came you got scared and ran into the closet, and when you came out you weren't the same. Then THAT would've been an interesting story.
Am i allowed to say erection?

p.s. erection, hahahaha.
Ahaha, well I'll see what I can do before the night is out... I just got it.. an hour and a half ago. I still have time!
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

Quote by PW019-box
i don't like this story.
i mean you didn't get laid, and you didn't come out of the closet. there really isn't a climax.

now if you said you got the 12 string and got laid, but when she came you got scared and ran into the closet, and when you came out you weren't the same. Then THAT would've been an interesting story.

lol.....
Quote by PW019-box
i don't like this story.

hahahaha

Now THAT would be a story...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'm actually really surprised at what I can do with it. I seem to have a natural feel that I can only play mostly the 6 strings you'd have on a normal acoustic if I want to.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

Quote by Jearl
how did you get in your house without the keys?

from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust