If any of you remember a thread I made quite a bit ago (most likley not), I was on the verge of buying a 1990 Jackson SL1 Soloist.

Well the time has come, I have finally purchased a (additional?) guitar to add to my Jackson Guitar family tree.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/9550/guitar1au2.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5356/guitar2jz4.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/79/guitar3ck2.jpg

Thoughts?
Last edited by Abbott at Feb 28, 2007,
That finish is nuts. And I really like the cutaway heel. How's it sound?
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
That thing is beautiful. You get +googol
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by gwitersnamps
That finish is nuts. And I really like the cutaway heel. How's it sound?

Thanks man.

Ah, it sounds so ****ing sweet. I'm saving up to get a 6505 Plus', amp head, I can't even fathom the tone I will get out of it atm. I'm currently running it through a little crate practice amp . And the thing gets the most universal tone I could ever imagine, I can't wait to plug into a tube amp to hear this thing scream.

Anything from Motley, Skid Row, Metallica, Trivium, Megadeth, Pantera, Lamb of God - to SRV, Clapton/Cream, and hell. Even folk.

Worth every penny.

Quote by SupremeACL
That thing is beautiful. You get +googol

Thanks.

Quote by merfsullivan
Verge, you were on the verge!

You caught me...
very nice. whats that second SingleCoil-pickup in there, and did u get a good deal on it from the previous owner?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Wait you have two?
post pics of the pair!
and that guitar is sex on uh wood
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by LightningRider
very nice. whats that second SingleCoil-pickup in there, and did u get a good deal on it from the previous owner?

To be honest I'm not sure, all I know is that they're all Seymour Duncans.

I got a pretty great deal. That guitar, with that paint job runs about 2400-2600. That guitar itself runs 1700 + (new), with a paint job I don't like (and Fender has bought them out now, yuck). I got it for 1500, which I think is a great deal, I saw a few SL1 Soloist (Same Year) around Ebay, they all go for 1600+, and if they have a spectacular paint job, you can expect to add a couple hundred to that.

So

Quote by ScottishAngus
Wait you have two?
post pics of the pair!
and that guitar is sex on uh wood

Oh, no. I don't have 2 SL1's (I wish..If I ever buy a new guitar again, it will definetly be a SL2H or another SL1!).

I have a Jackson DKMGT Dinky. Which I'm thinking about selling.. Hmm. *heads off to the FS forums here*
that middle pickup probably ran the price down a bit, but on my soloist i never really use the middle hotrails, so thats probably a good thing it's different. Plus that is a rad paint job and all the SL1's at L&M with big paint on 'em are like $2299.99. So ya, thats a great deal. Altough you might want to put a new floyd on, that one looks pretty beat up.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by LightningRider
that middle pickup probably ran the price down a bit, but on my soloist i never really use the middle hotrails, so thats probably a good thing it's different. Plus that is a rad paint job and all the SL1's at L&M with big paint on 'em are like $2299.99. So ya, thats a great deal. Altough you might want to put a new floyd on, that one looks pretty beat up.

It could be, I don't really use the middle hotrails either. The Floyd works great dude, looks can be very deceiving. :p

All Heil Jackson SL Series.
I hate you dude. I've almost decided to get an RR, but I'm looking at this now and doubts plague my mind again. Grrawrr.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
dude....that is so hair metal its not even funny....amazing guitar though....lucky bastard.
Quote by ar73m
I hate you dude. I've almost decided to get an RR, but I'm looking at this now and doubts plague my mind again. Grrawrr.

My friend has a cool RR, has a bar and all. I personally don't like them, I like the Soloist better.

You will buy a soloist [/jedimindtrick]

Quote by Eric 666
dude....that is so hair metal its not even funny....amazing guitar though....lucky bastard.

...Brutal....

Not so much luck, I had to sell my motorcycle (Which I bought), Xbox 360 (Which I also bought), a camper shell on my truck (which was free with my truck, which I bought), and some money from work (which I earned :p to buy it.

I'd do it again if I needed.
Current Gear :
Jackson USA Made SL1 Soloist (SnakeSkin Finish)
Jackson Jap Made SL1 Soloist!
That middle pickup looks like a Duncan Quarter pound single coil......I'd bet your life on it!

Nice Jackson too by the way.
Quote by Eric 666

yah.. The eighties called, they want their guitar back.... but seriously, looks like an amazing guitar.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
well ive never been a fan of painted necks, but id definitely put up with it for that beast of a guitar
Glad everyone likes it.
Current Gear :
Jackson USA Made SL1 Soloist (SnakeSkin Finish)
Jackson Jap Made SL1 Soloist!