Anyone have an opinion on Ibanez amps? They seem to be very well priced and the one I'm looking at has no built in effects (thank god). Seems like every damn amp out there has to have effects bulit in, grrrrrrr. Anyway's, if anyone has an opinion it would be appreciated.

This is the one I'm interested in: http://www.ibanez.com/electronics/spec.aspx?m=TBX150R
no idea about the amps.

but very few amps have built in effects. just bad/average modelling amps that add crappy effects so they can sell them for more
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I have the Ibanez TB100R, and have had it for about 2.5 years now, and I love it. I have and XTLive now, so the amp is really just used for the poweramp now, but before I had the XTlive I just used the regular input jack with the 4 button footswitch. I loved the amp then and I still love it now. I would recommend it. I'll probably keep mine forever. They are a great value for the price.
Quote by Doodleface
no idea about the amps.

but very few amps have built in effects. just bad/average modelling amps that add crappy effects so they can sell them for more

I've been seeing an insane number of amps with built in effects. Marshalls, Crates, Peaveys, Randalls, Fenders, etc. Even tube amps with effects. I had a crappy line6 amp and hated it, but I now think modeling amps are trash anyway. It seems like most makers are putting effects into their combo's and heads. Stupid trend IMO.
As far as I'm concerned, Ibanez should stick to making guitars. Can't really pinpoint why, but I didn't like any of their amps at all. Just sounded kind of 'wrong' to me, meh.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by ar73m
As far as I'm concerned, Ibanez should stick to making guitars. Can't really pinpoint why, but I didn't like any of their amps at all. Just sounded kind of 'wrong' to me, meh.

I agree, I've heard really mediocre things about their amps.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy