so im talkin 19 hours of class and i stay up alllllllllllllllll day monday - thursday i pretty much dont sleep; i jsut take like 2 hour naps here and there. i have to study ALOT and i have atleast 1 paper due a week. so when i sleep... i only do it for about 2 hours at a time and i mean i sleeep gooooood for those 2 hours.... deep deep deeeep sleep, but the crazy shit is... for the past month i have had CRAZY ****in dreams EVERY TIME i sleep... even if its a 20 min nap, 2 hour nap, or if i actualy get to sleep for about 8 hours on the weekend. i mean it never fails EVERY TIME I FALL ASLEEP I DREAM. and some dreams a cool... like i dream about past events... and jsut whatever else you dream about, but some of them are like im trippin. like i mean CRAZY SHIT. i dont even know how to really descibe it... i guess its jsut really "colorful". ive had some ****ed up dreams too... like get scared and wake up in COLD sweats. i fell asleep in the library yesterday for 2 minutes exactly, but when i thought about my dream it seems like i would have had to have slept for hours. at first it didnt bother me, but now its kinda sketchy. should i worry? this happen to anyone else?
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
I wouldnt worry. Since it seems that you have good dream recall I would research the method of Lucid Dreaming. I use Dreamviews.com

Lucid dreaming is where you can control your dreams and do what ever you like in them. Thus for the most part eliminating your bad dreams. Though not every dream becomes lucid, the likelyhood of having a bad dream is much lower.
Well, since your mind has been working hard and has been exercising a lot, maybe it is more prone to remember stuff. And everybody dreams every night, it is just a matter or remembering those dreams. So maybe you are in tune and can really remember your dreams well because of this?
Quote by Silent_Jester13
This is the biggest collection of ADD i've ever seen.
You must be the chosen one.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
balonie, lucid dreaming is a theory, and you cannot control your own dreams, I dont care who you asked it is not real, you dont know anything
you get wierd dreams when you sleep because you dont get much sleep, or thats how ive come to understand how it works...your dreams dont come together most days because your mind is too tired to piece together the parts of the dream...
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Yeah, your irregular sleep schedule is messing with your mind, it's not a major concern so long as it doesnt effect your ability to function while awake.

Been studying this stuff recently in psych class, very interesting, and lucid dreaming kicks ass (from what I've heard, yet to successfully do it myself)
it always struck me as fairly unhealthy to live like that. i dont understand how people expect us to deal with this kinda schedule. i'd watch yourself dude. maybe lighten your work load. lack of sleep does hell on your body. trust me, i know.
Quote by d3guns
balonie, lucid dreaming is a theory, and you cannot control your own dreams, I dont care who you asked it is not real, you dont know anything

wanna bet?

definately learn how to do it man, its awesome

and yeah dreamviews.com is a great website to learn how
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
Quote by sysdown27
wanna bet?

definately learn how to do it man, its awesome

and yeah dreamviews.com is a great website to learn how

whatever, has it been scientifically proven?
Dreams are so sweet. One time I had a dream I was with the guy I like in a crypt and there was this wrath-like chick inside that was moaning in pain because the rot was consuming her body, so I wanted to go see what she wanted but he didn't because he didn't trust her so we kept joking around and for some reason I knocked him out and dragged him in the crypt. I think the dream ended in necrophilia. Pretty messed up.
Last edited by Embodiment at Feb 28, 2007,
well im not tryin to "control" my dreams and they are what consider "random". like i had a dream about a chick i dated when i was a freshman in highschool that i havent thought about in 5 years. i mean sjut crazy shit... man... fuuuuck....
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
sounds like you shoudl masturbate, or put it in soemthing.
Am i allowed to say erection?

p.s. erection, hahahaha.
Quote by NotOneWithNames
well im not tryin to "control" my dreams and they are what consider "random". like i had a dream about a chick i dated when i was a freshman in highschool that i havent thought about in 5 years. i mean sjut crazy shit... man... fuuuuck....

haha yeah its probably just lack of sleep thats bringing that stuff out
but since your having a ton of dreams and you can remember them all,
you should definately look into LDing, you'd probably be really good at it
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
I once had a dream and I liked this girl at the time and she was there... then I went somewhere and ****ed her mom. I mean wtf? You think I WANTED to do that?

Yeah and this other time I was having a scary dream cause we were in some jeep or something and the vehicle was just going crazy and I was like shit guys!!! I'm gonna die! Then I remembered I was dreaming then I was like... This is fun! Then we crashed into a wall.
Well on the topic of dreams, I'll start out at the beginning. (This is real life now) Yesterday I went out to a movie, "300", well I was with a bunch of freinds in the grade lower than me, Juniors. Well they brought a bunch of girls with and all, and on of the girls, she's pretty cute, dont know her really tho besides she is in one of my classes, but i rarely talk to her. Well we gave glances for a while talked a bit and gave more glances at eachother.

(Now the dream part)Well this same girl that I was talking about, was in like, 3 dreams I had last night. It was weird because she was talking to me in all of these dreams and we were hanging out constantly. But the one I really remember was that i was in class and we were working on an assignment together and she goes to pull my hand away from the book and we just took a very long stare into eachothers eyes.

Now I hate to be all sappy, but I thought it was kind of weird to have so many dreams of her last night since I dont really know her well. And the fact that it was just after we were all together that last night. Now I am just waiting for school on Monday so I can go hit on her and hopefully start going out with her.
Quote by The Spoon
I hope i dont get sigged but whats a dike?

Quote by blakkin
Yet another problem that can be easily solved by violent incest.

With Fingers Sore
your brain needs a certain amount REM sleep (the stage of sleep you dream during) to function properly. people with normal sleep cycles only dream for a portion of the time they're asleep, but because you're not getting enough sleep, your mind goes right into the REM stage of sleeping, skipping the other 4 stages, so you dream right after you fall asleep and for most of the time you're asleep. the fact that you're dreaming like this isn't actually unhealthy i don't think, but its a clear signal that you're not sleeping enough which is.

its happened to me before. i tend to fall asleep for about 30 seconds in math class at least once a week and manage to dream in the period of time. usually happens when i don't sleep well the night before.
Last edited by highway61 at Mar 10, 2007,
Dreams are quite interesting. Though most of my dreams are usually quite strange. The one that sticks out most right now is a really short dream. I'm standing amidst rubble and all around are my friends and family, shot dead, and in my hand is a smoking gun.
Quote by d3guns

Yes. Scientists have measured brainwave activity during normal sleep, REM sleep and lucid dreaming. When the sleeper claimed to have a lucid dream, their brainwaves were more active during that time compared to when they didn't have a lucid dream. Is that good enough for you?
Quote by d3guns

has it not been scientifically proven?
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008